Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
2133 Electrical and electronics engineers

The question: Would it be a problem that in my application, my reference letter and job description do not match ALL of the NOC 2133 description?

Electrical and electronics engineers can involve 8 to 10 specilizations for university new grads. For example, there are "high-voltage", "low voltage", "system-on-chip voltage" levels of jobs. There are utility companies, power system companies, engineering and design companies, electronics manufacture companies and the list goes on.

I found this NOC code very board. I am working as a power systems engineer and my duties matches only "Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical generation and distribution networks, electrical machinery and components and electronic communications, instrumentation and control systems, equipment, and components", and that's how my employer wrote my reference letter in my application submitted.

Other bullets below are not specific to my job duties. They are either not specific to electric power system, or requires some hands-on work with the actual equipment which are not the core business of my company at all.

Thanks for your time reading these.

NOC 2133 Main duties

Electrical and electronics engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
•Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical generation and distribution networks, electrical machinery and components and electronic communications, instrumentation and control systems, equipment, and components
•Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
•Design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
•Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products
•Supervise and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
•Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
•Investigate electrical or electronic failures
•Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
•Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers.

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
I know this is four years ago, but in case you see this message, or others have experience with it, did it turn out to be a problem? Am currently in the same situation :)

Thanks,
Rebecca

Reactions: Teen Titans Go!

gktshiva

May 12, 2019
I know this is four years ago, but in case you see this message, or others have experience with it, did it turn out to be a problem? Am currently in the same situation :)

Thanks,
Rebecca
Hi,

I'm trying for PNP and my NOC is 2133. could you please guide me?