VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
tapas07 said:
I'm afraid there was some miscommunication between us. I appreciate your help deeply and I will equally appreciate a more respectful tone in your responses.

I answered your question as well as I could - looking for key works is really all I have been doing.
I would go to a NOC that has some relation to my activities and try to see if it matches. If it doesn't, I'd scroll down to the bottom of the page and see other NOC codes related to that one.

I understand your approach to read 1000s of NOCs. But I have to find relevant ones to my job, right? Not just read any and all codes.
Are you suggesting that I pull up the NOC list and read all of them one by one? I am hoping there's a better approach to finding the right NOC...
If you tell me beifly what your job description was I will spend some time helping you.

I can't help you unless you describe to us what you did for your job, not just key words.

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
kryt0n said:
If you tell me beifly what your job description was I will spend some time helping you.

I can't help you unless you describe to us what you did for your job, not just key words.
Ooooohh I see what you're trying to say.
I misunderstood your question, please accept my apologies. I thought you were asking me what I was doing for the Express Entry Application.

I have described my job duties below:

• Responsible for life cycle analysis of equipment through out the equipment's operation for a project.
  • Work with project engineer to ensure reliability and maintainability of new and modified equipment.
  • Provide data and analysis support to analyze failures and prevent their recurrence.
  • Participate in design, testing and installation process and with commissioning plans.
  • Provide input to risk management that will anticipate reliability related and non reliability related risks that will adversely affect plant operations.[

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
tapas07 said:
Ooooohh I see what you're trying to say.
I misunderstood your question, please accept my apologies. I thought you were asking me what I was doing for the Express Entry Application.

I have described my job duties below:

• Responsible for life cycle analysis of equipment through out the equipment's operation for a project.
  • Work with project engineer to ensure reliability and maintainability of new and modified equipment.
  • Provide data and analysis support to analyze failures and prevent their recurrence.
  • Participate in design, testing and installation process and with commissioning plans.
  • Provide input to risk management that will anticipate reliability related and non reliability related risks that will adversely affect plant operations.[
Thank you.

From first glance, your duties look fairly similar to 2171 http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVDDetail&db=imdb&dis=2&adm=8&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2171&CST=01012011&MLV=4&CLV=4&CHVD=

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
kryt0n said:
Thank you.

From first glance, your duties look fairly similar to 2171 http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVDDetail&db=imdb&dis=2&adm=8&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2171&CST=01012011&MLV=4&CLV=4&CHVD=
I appreciate your input and time :)

Just to clarify - my job doesn't deal with computer science.
The equipment whose reliability/failures/operation I deal with are on oil rigs, extracting oil on the ground and on sub-sea platforms.
This can be classified as engineering/industrial equipment also.

To put things very simply - I track equipments on the field and see how often they fail. Then I try and find trends to the failure so equipment can be improved.
This also gives an idea as to how much the equipment can last in the field. And some related activities...but this is the core.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
tapas07 said:
I appreciate your input and time :)

Just to clarify - my job doesn't deal with computer science.
The equipment whose reliability/failures/operation I deal with are on oil rigs, extracting oil on the ground and on sub-sea platforms.
This can be classified as engineering/industrial equipment also.

To put things very simply - I track equipments on the field and see how often they fail. Then I try and find trends to the failure so equipment can be improved.
This also gives an idea as to how much the equipment can last in the field. And some related activities...but this is the core.
Mechanical engineer?
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2132&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
kryt0n said:
Mechanical engineer?
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2132&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4
They are definitely related. Unfortunately, the problem comes when a 70% match is necessary.
There are main duties bullet points that match, but most of them don't.

In addition, the main duties in the NOC don't even mention reliability, like 2141 Industrial and Manufacturing engineer.
Even here, only 3/13 of the bullet points match completely. The others don't match because they're not a part of my job.

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2141&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

As a matter of fact, even actual mechanical engineers who may even have the title "Mechanical Engineer" - may not do 70% of the activities listed in "main duties".
Large companies often have many departments and their engineers usually focus on 2 or 3 main tasks.
The NOC code often describes the duties that people with that title or the example titles do. So they tend to cast a wide net here.

Can you tell me where it says that 70% match is mandatory? I'd like to read into their rules, if it says that....

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
tapas07 said:
They are definitely related. Unfortunately, the problem comes when a 70% match is necessary.
There are main duties bullet points that match, but most of them don't.

In addition, the main duties in the NOC don't even mention reliability, like 2141 Industrial and Manufacturing engineer.
Even here, only 3/13 of the bullet points match completely. The others don't match because they're not a part of my job.

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2141&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372
Stop looking for the word reliability.

Can you not pick the NOC that matches as best as possible then ask your employer to word your duties letter to better match the NOC?

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
kryt0n said:
Stop looking for the word reliability.

Can you not pick the NOC that matches as best as possible then ask your employer to word your duties letter to better match the NOC?
I think I might have to pick that second route you mentioned.
I will still keep looking though. It is best if I can find something that matches better. Thanks again for your time!

Again, if you can link me to the part where the rules say that a 70% match is a must (or something along those lines), I'd really appreciate that.
I'd like to read the whole set of rules/guidelines about NOC matches. I have been unable to find them so far...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Each NOC states this "perform some or all of the following duties:"

Over the years people have taken this to mean as high as possible. You're trying to convince a stranger that you did the job listed in the code you choose.

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
kryt0n said:
Each NOC states this "perform some or all of the following duties:"

Over the years people have taken this to mean as high as possible. You're trying to convince a stranger that you did the job listed in the code you choose.
I see. Gotcha.

Oct 14, 2018
Hi All,

I will appreciate your help with my application

i received my ITA on October 3rd thankfully under FSW.

However, the employer letter that was sent to me the other day does not match any NOC 100% or even 60%. Can you help me choose an NOC suitable for the job description company provided? they are such a toxic company and did not even write the whole job description which could have made it so easy to choose from.

These are job description my previous company wrote:

JOB TITLE : OPERATIONS SUPPORT SUPERVISOR
- Consult throughout the brand to identify and optimize performance.
- Collect information to identify and optimize performance
- Report and investigate key financial information for the operations team
- Develop system, process and financial reports for the Operations team to drive business profitability
- Interface for operations, the link between Ops and Head Office
- Act as key output to operations
- Liaison with Functional department

This job description matches some of 1221 (Adminstrative Officer) and some of 1122 (Professional occupations in business management consulting)

What should i do? Please help me..

Shah25

Oct 10, 2018
i need help regarding the noc as my starbucks shift supervisor duties match more towards the noc 6211 -retail supervisor than food service. So is there any one who applied under the same category and same position? Please help