+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MASTERS WES QUERY

Anikas45352

Jan 1, 2021
Hi Team,

i have a genuine question, it will be much appreciated if someone can get back, i have overall 7 years of work experience as an accountant professional with secondary highschool and diploma as education credentials, im getting this opportunity to do masters from university of Chichester as i have 7 years of experience and undergraduate degree will not be required and i have got accepted in the university.

The program will be

OTHM level 7 plus MBA top from Chichester

Now my question is will WES Evaluate this as a masters equivalent degree once its completion.

fourcanada

Sep 29, 2020
Hey,

As far as I know, your working experience doesn't make any difference for this assessment. However, I am a little confused when you say you are going to do your Master's at the University of Chichester, and then say your program will be "OTHM level 7 plus MBA top from Chichester". Is that the same thing?

I think what you have to see is, are you going to have a Master's Degree or not? If you are, then it is more likely it is going to be equivalent here. You may also want to use this tool https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

Good luck.

Anikas45352

Jan 1, 2021
Hey thanks for replying,

maybe the style of asking my question was different
Let me put it like this

i do not have a bachelors degree!

but now after 7 years of my managerial working experience i am able to do the masters degree with university of Chichester without my bachelors.

question is that will my equivalency in WES come for Masters? Or will they ask my bachelors as i do not have one

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hey thanks for replying,

maybe the style of asking my question was different
Let me put it like this

i do not have a bachelors degree!

but now after 7 years of my managerial working experience i am able to do the masters degree with university of Chichester without my bachelors.

question is that will my equivalency in WES come for Masters? Or will they ask my bachelors as i do not have one
Question is what is WES currently evaluating for you now, in the first place?

If you mean that once you complete this Master's program you will go for WES, then I don't think that is necessary becasue it will be a degree obtained in Canada and will be recognized as such (provided your institution can officially grant such a Master degree).

JohnJack

Jan 31, 2021
Is it possible for a university that is not listed on the WES recognized institutions to be reviewed and accepted by WES? I am asking because the University of Chichester is a recognized by the UK Government but is not on the WES list.

I am asking because I am intending on enrolling into an MSC top-up distant-learning from University of Chichester UK after OTHM Level7 diploma in Project Management.

1. Does any one know, if this Msc degree from University of Chichester will be evaluated as Canadian Masters from WES?
2. Has any one successfully had their degree from University of Chichester evaluated by WES as equivalent to 1YR of Master degree in Canada?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Question is what is WES currently evaluating for you now, in the first place?

If you mean that once you complete this Master's program you will go for WES, then I don't think that is necessary becasue it will be a degree obtained in Canada and will be recognized as such (provided your institution can officially grant such a Master degree).
Oh..I just realized from the previous poster that Chichester is in UK. In that case I am not sure what WES will evaluate it as Master's degree. It depends on the number of credits...like 120 UK credits will translate into one year PG Diploma in Canada,

JohnJack

Jan 31, 2021
Understood @rower but my main concern is that, The university of Chichester Is not on the list of recognised institutions on the WES website. Is this something to be worried about or has there been cases with Universities that are recognised by the Uk government being accepted by WES even though not being on their list?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Understood @rower but my main concern is that, The university of Chichester Is not on the list of recognised institutions on the WES website. Is this something to be worried about or has there been cases with Universities that are recognised by the Uk government being accepted by WES even though not being on their list?
WES only evaluates formal academic credentials from credible institutions. In other words: If your own country does not recognize the institution or program, then WES cannot evaluate the institution or program, either. This guideline holds true for standard traditional academic programs as well as many distance, online, and self-study courses - https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/which-credentials-does-wes-evaluate/

So, as long as the school and the program are recognized they should assess even if it isn't listed. There must be some option to select "Others" ?

Reactions: JohnJack

Anikas45352

Jan 1, 2021
Hey university of Chichester is recognized, please put you place where your getting the degree from UK and search in required documents, it will appear as a listed university

Anikas45352

Jan 1, 2021
Oh..I just realized from the previous poster that Chichester is in UK. In that case I am not sure what WES will evaluate it as Master's degree. It depends on the number of credits...like 120 UK credits will translate into one year PG Diploma in Canada,
Yes so i will have a overall masters degree with 180 credits Pgdip 120 and Top up masters degree would be 60 credits.

My Question is that since i do not have a bachelors degree qualification as i havent done it, will wes ask me to submit my bachelors degree or only masters will be fine?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Yes so i will have a overall masters degree with 180 credits Pgdip 120 and Top up masters degree would be 60 credits.

My Question is that since i do not have a bachelors degree qualification as i havent done it, will wes ask me to submit my bachelors degree or only masters will be fine?
What is the exact name of the degree they're providing?

OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance
OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
OTHM Level 7 International Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Management

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
What is the exact name of the degree they're providing?

OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance
OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
OTHM Level 7 International Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Management
Nope, they won't ask you for a Bachelor's transcript / certs

From WES: IRCC asks applicants to submit only their highest completed credential for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). Please review the notes below to determine which credentials you should send. To avoid delays, do not send additional documents unless they are requested by WES.

Learn what to send based on your highest completed credential:

If you have a doctorate (PhD)...

You do not need to submit your bachelor’s degree or master’s degree for evaluation.

If you have a master’s degree…
You do not need to submit your bachelor’s degree for evaluation.

If you have a bachelor’s degree…
You do not need to submit your secondary school credential for evaluation.

JohnJack

Jan 31, 2021
Hey university of Chichester is recognized, please put you place where your getting the degree from UK and search in required documents, it will appear as a listed university
Hi @Anikas45352 thank you for your response. Do you mind sending a screenshot, as i have only seen the University of chester on the degree evaluation tool and not the University of chichester. It will be much appreciated, Thanks.