+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters - Software Engineering or Information Systems Security [Concordia Univ.]

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Hello,

I applied for admission in Master of Software Engineering and M.ENG. in Information Systems Security at Concordia University and got accepted in both the programs. Now I do understand its purely my own choice as to which program I want to pursue but I still wanted input from people in order to get a better idea about these 2 options. I couldn't get the detailed course description at Concordia University's website about the subjects taught, etc.

I would appreciate if members of this forum could share their experience with respect to these 2 programs, future prospects, job opportunities, etc.

Thanks in advance :)

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Serendipity14 said:
Hello,

I applied for admission in Master of Software Engineering and M.ENG. in Information Systems Security at Concordia University and got accepted in both the programs. Now I do understand its purely my own choice as to which program I want to pursue but I still wanted input from people in order to get a better idea about these 2 options. I couldn't get the detailed course description at Concordia University's website about the subjects taught, etc.

I would appreciate if members of this forum could share their experience with respect to these 2 programs, future prospects, job opportunities, etc.

Thanks in advance :)
Hi Serendipity14
I have myself applied for the course Informations Security in Concordia University college of alberta.
The course has got good opportunities. I personally searched a couple of canadian job sites.( canada job bank, workoplis ,)
Further certifications in this course like CISSP, ITL etc help us to get into govt level jobs at higher level.
ATB :)

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
parul154 said:
Hi Serendipity14
I have myself applied for the course Informations Security in Concordia University college of alberta.
The course has got good opportunities. I personally searched a couple of canadian job sites.( canada job bank, workoplis ,)
Further certifications in this course like CISSP, ITL etc help us to get into govt level jobs at higher level.
ATB :)
Thanks for the input :)

I had a small chat with some of my friends living in Canada and they were of different opinion. All of them suggested Software Engg and quoted more job offers. Though they also said ISS was also increasingly growing.