Masters/ PG Diploma required to increase CRS points

Adityan92

Jun 28, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,

My wife and I (Both 27) are applying for PR and we have our ielts coming up end of this month. When we saw the latest cut off and the increase in ITA pool and the number of candidates who are entering the pool daily we were shocked. We feel chances of CRS coming down to 440 in the next 1 year is bleak. Our next course of action now is to increase our points by masters or french. French language proficiency will take time. For masters or PG diploma we can only do this via distance education. Additionally I have also cleared my CFA level 2 exam and planning to take my CFA level 3 next year. If I decide to take masters I most probably will not do that as CFA requires good amount of time dedication. It is sad that WES does not recognize CFA.

So our next course of action is take masters, now the issue is we are not sure whether should we take a 1 year PG diploma or a 2 year masters course. We want to get points for two or more degrees and boost up our score by 30 odd points. The issue now is we don't know which university to go via, the most popular option in India for distance education is IGNOU but post December 2018 I have heard IGNOU is not very responsive to WES queries and candidates end up getting a negative response. We ideally would like to do a 1 year course but if we know that the outcome will result in a positive note we will go ahead with two years too.

I know a lot of people are like us and trying to increase their CRS score, I request please don't piggy back on this thread as I have tried my best to cover all questions possible for taking up a new distance learning course.

I request you guys to please suggest some distance learning courses/universities/colleges that have had a positive outcome. This would be really beneficial to lot of people.

Thank you,

Reactions: Manjeet2407

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
Just to clarify.. Are you planning to apply for PR after 2 years?

Hi all,

My wife and I (Both 27) are applying for PR and we have our ielts coming up end of this month. When we saw the latest cut off and the increase in ITA pool and the number of candidates who are entering the pool daily we were shocked. We feel chances of CRS coming down to 440 in the next 1 year is bleak. Our next course of action now is to increase our points by masters or french. French language proficiency will take time. For masters or PG diploma we can only do this via distance education. Additionally I have also cleared my CFA level 2 exam and planning to take my CFA level 3 next year. If I decide to take masters I most probably will not do that as CFA requires good amount of time dedication. It is sad that WES does not recognize CFA.

So our next course of action is take masters, now the issue is we are not sure whether should we take a 1 year PG diploma or a 2 year masters course. We want to get points for two or more degrees and boost up our score by 30 odd points. The issue now is we don't know which university to go via, the most popular option in India for distance education is IGNOU but post December 2018 I have heard IGNOU is not very responsive to WES queries and candidates end up getting a negative response. We ideally would like to do a 1 year course but if we know that the outcome will result in a positive note we will go ahead with two years too.

I know a lot of people are like us and trying to increase their CRS score, I request please don't piggy back on this thread as I have tried my best to cover all questions possible for taking up a new distance learning course.

I request you guys to please suggest some distance learning courses/universities/colleges that have had a positive outcome. This would be really beneficial to lot of people.

Thank you,

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Any suggestions on this thread? I'm interested in knowing too for a friend.