+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters Degree from a US university

scarabeg

Sep 28, 2020
Do a masters degree from a US university is equivalent in points of Express Entry as one from Canadian university?

scarabeg

Sep 28, 2020
I want to know if that would qualify me to obtain 600 points like what one can get from studying in Canada!

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
I want to know if that would qualify me to obtain 600 points like what one can get from studying in Canada!
First of, you do not get 600 points even if you studied in Canada.

Secondly, you will have to get you US degree evaluated to know its Canadian equivalence.

Thirdly, you US degree (like every other degree outside Canada) will have lesser points to a Canadian degree.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
First of, you do not get 600 points even if you studied in Canada.

Secondly, you will have to get you US degree evaluated to know its Canadian equivalence.

Thirdly, you US degree (like every other degree outside Canada) will have lesser points to a Canadian degree.
To clarify, a US degree can earn the same number of points as a Canadian degree under the education section, but of course it does not accrue bonus points for studies in Canada under the additional points section.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
The only way for you to obtain 600 points is to secure a PNP nomination. An American master dagree could contribute the same to your total CRS score as its Canadian counterpart does as long as you got it from an accreditted university and it is evaluated by an authorized agency like WES or CES.