+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters Degree Evaluation - Urgent Help Required

venkz

Feb 22, 2017
shrinivaskk said:
To be clean, even if WES evaluates based on the Masters, it will be a good idea to get the Bachelor's degree evaluated at a later point (before applying after ITA).

What is the basis of this point? Is there any source you can refer where the case officer has rejected an application just bcoz one was able to give only Masters certificate and letter from ECA authority on Masters?
Or is just a fear?
Read about that in some forum, unable to quote source now. I might be wrong, I wish so.

venkz

Feb 22, 2017
shrinivaskk said:
I have a question: I asked my Masters university to directly send the transcripts (which may not include the Master Degree certificate) to WES. Should I also send my Masters degree certificate separately to WES?

Yes, you should send your Degree Certificate to WES irrespective of what University sends directly to them.
1. The WES requirement says "Clear, legible photocopies of all degree certificates or diplomas issued by the institutions attended" .
Is it enough if I just send a photocopy or should I get it attested?

2. Even though I'm no where near getting my B.E transcripts yet, can I send my B.E and Masters Degree certificates together?

3. Any known cases where ppl have requested for Bachelors and Masters ECA, and WES evaluated based on just Masters even before they received the Bachelors transcripts?

Thanks!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
As per CIC, only the highest degree needs to be evaluated. It is clearly mentioned in all their online guides. The reason people send Bachelors as well as Masters is because from Asian countries, sometimes WES will not recognized the Masters as a Masters degree and if you dont send the bachelors, then you cannot claim Two or More points. And then you will be left with nothing. So not to take a chance, people send both.

However, if you do the equivalency test on WES site and your university is a reputed one from a First world country, then WES will directly evaluate it as a masters and then you do not require the Bachelors.

I have a British MBA from a good reputed British University and that was the only one sent to WES and they evaluated it correctly as a Masters. That's all that is required. CIC does not care what you did before your masters since they only want the highest degree evaluated and its is WES responsibility to ensure that it is a genuine masters. If WES gives you masters, that's all you need.

All this is in the CIC website. Besides taking advice from people here, please also read the guides yourself too. Thank you.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
johnsyk said:
As per CIC, only the highest degree needs to be evaluated. It is clearly mentioned in all their online guides. The reason people send Bachelors as well as Masters is because from Asian countries, sometimes WES will not recognized the Masters as a Masters degree and if you dont send the bachelors, then you cannot claim Two or More points. And then you will be left with nothing. So not to take a chance, people send both.

However, if you do the equivalency test on WES site and your university is a reputed one from a First world country, then WES will directly evaluate it as a masters and then you do not require the Bachelors.

I have a British MBA from a good reputed British University and that was the only one sent to WES and they evaluated it correctly as a Masters. That's all that is required. CIC does not care what you did before your masters since they only want the highest degree evaluated and its is WES responsibility to ensure that it is a genuine masters. If WES gives you masters, that's all you need.

All this is in the CIC website. Besides taking advice from people here, please also read the guides yourself too. Thank you.
My wife and I have bachelors degrees from reputed universities in India and masters degrees from reputed universities in the UK. We still sent everything.

shrinivaskk

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
johnsyk said:

Thanks John,
I too have an MBA from reputed University in UK. However, i'm slightly confused over what is mentioned in WES 'Required Documents' section.

Transcript of academic records issued by the institutions attended - showing all subjects completed and all grades/marks awarded for all years of post-secondary study

If so, should we send our Bachelor's degree as it comes in all years of post-secondary study

Thanks in advance for shedding some light on this.

mauro80

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
johnsyk said:

Can you confirm your Master automatically counts as 2 degree ?
Because I only claimed Master and provided Master and got recognized (WES) the Master.
In Transferability factor I got 50 points automatically even if I didn't provide 2 or more post secondary degree.

Do I have the bachelor as well ? Yes I do because I did it in order to have the Master, but I never claimed it cause it was included in my Master evaluation.

This whole story is still a bit confusing to me...

shrinivaskk

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
mauro80 said:
Because I only claimed Master and provided Master and got recognized (WES) the Master.
In Transferability factor I got 50 points automatically even if I didn't provide 2 or more post secondary degree.

Do I have the bachelor as well ? Yes I do because I did it in order to have the Master, but I never claimed it cause it was included in my Master evaluation.

I've sent only the Master's documents and application.

I will keep you posted on the status from WES.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
xpressentry said:
My wife and I have bachelors degrees from reputed universities in India and masters degrees from reputed universities in the UK. We still sent everything.
That's a choice you made. It is not required. I put in only my masters in my EE with the WES reference number and I got my entire full points for Masters.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
mauro80 said:

Masters gives you more points than 2 or more degrees. So why do you need 2 degrees? Put the masters. It is second only to PHD in points.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
When you go to WES and choose UK, the requirements are different from when you choose India. In India, they ask you send bachelor degree as well. When you choose UK (if that's your highest degree), they clearly say, send only masters.

Of course, there are no penalties in sending Degree and Masters but I just don't see any advantage in putting unnecessary paper work when you don't need it.

Again - This advice is only for British masters or other first world masters. For Indian degrees, you absolutely MUST send degree and masters both to WES.

mauro80

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
don't look in the section related to the points of the education,
go to check the transferability factor. there is where they ask you 2 or more post secondary degree and you get the extra 50 points.

It seems the master gives you like you have 2, but I was wondering if anyone has ever occurred into any issue there.

shrinivaskk

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
johnsyk said:
When you go to WES and choose UK, the requirements are different from when you choose India. In India, they ask you send bachelor degree as well. When you choose UK (if that's your highest degree), they clearly say, send only masters.

Of course, there are no penalties in sending Degree and Masters but I just don't see any advantage in putting unnecessary paper work when you don't need it.

Again - This advice is only for British masters or other first world masters. For Indian degrees, you absolutely MUST send degree and masters both to WES.
Another question will be -
Will work experience before Masters be counted to claim as per NOC ?

Because I did my masters after having work experience of 10yrs. Hence asking.

Thanks

Chenna_g

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
I've sent only the Master's documents and application.

I will keep you posted on the status from WES.
I have sent only my masters . But in application I have mentioned both bachelor's and higher education as masters. Will still evaluate just masters and sent me the ECA?