+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Master's degree evaluation <bachelor's evaluation necessary?>

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi All,

It appears that for the purpose of express entry, only highest education degree evaluation is required. However, I can see that most of the folks go for both bachelor's and master's credential evaluation.
Is it ok if I only get my highest degree evaluated? I have an masters degree (MBA) and a bachelor's (Engineering). Please advice.

Thanks

tan4

Mar 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
02-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
I don't think it's a problem, as they will evaluate only the highest. However, as WES etc charge you the same amount to evaluate both degrees, why dont you evaluate them both? The assessment will be valid for 5 years and you never know if you will need any of them for studies etc. So it's good to have them both recognised.

bhargava.sg

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Hi All,

It appears that for the purpose of express entry, only highest education degree evaluation is required. However, I can see that most of the folks go for both bachelor's and master's credential evaluation.
Is it ok if I only get my highest degree evaluated? I have an masters degree (MBA) and a bachelor's (Engineering). Please advice.

Thanks
https://nano.wes.org/India-FAQ/1348075261/I-have-a-master-s-degree-from-India-Do-I-need-to-send-my-bachelor-s-degree-too.htm

As long as your MBA was obtained outside India, you don't need to get your Bachelor degree evaluated.