+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Master Stream - Common-law related question

Leommon

Apr 5, 2022
Hi all,

I'm trying to understand the question 'is your family member accompanying you to ON' when filling out the OINP application for my common-law partner.

We both applied for OINP separately through the master's stream this year.

I applied for OINP early this year and got the nomination letter.
After that, we became the common-law partner, and then I submitted my application to IRCC (federal process)
I declared our relationship during the application to IRCC. However, I selected 'NO' as the answer to the question 'Is your family member accompanying you to ON', since my common-law partner had other plans (move to another city or country) at that time.

My common-law partner changed his mind and applied for the OINP after I submitted a Federal application, and got invited this month.
Now, I'm not sure how to answer the 'is your family member accompanying you to ON' for his application.
If he said 'Yes', do I also need to inform IRCC of my application? For example, changing the question for my application from 'No' to 'Yes'.
If he said 'No', is there any issue? I will provide my financial statement as the settlement funds for his application, and thus I'm concerned about the answer.

Thank you in advance!

prsoon0595

Jan 18, 2024
Have you found out the answer?

My boyfriend got OINP and has his 600 points added to EE profile, and received ITA. Now he's trying to add me as a common law partner. Do you know how to update IRCC & ON in this case? And, would adding me now negatively impact his application in any way?

Thank you in advance!