+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Master in computer applications (Mca)

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Hello everyone,

can you please let me know in case you are having a masters in computer applications, do we have to send the degree certificates or only mca would suffice for WES

thank you

Faraz1441

Dec 3, 2020
Hello Rohidw,

Did you get your MCA evaluation complete? I am in the same boat and not sure if sending credentials for MCA from university to WES will grant me Masters equivalency or do I need to submit the Bachelors Degree & documents as well for evaluation..

RedMango

Jun 12, 2021
Hello Rohidw,

Did you get your MCA evaluation complete? I am in the same boat and not sure if sending credentials for MCA from university to WES will grant me Masters equivalency or do I need to submit the Bachelors Degree & documents as well for evaluation..
Hi Faraz,

Can you please answer your question.
I hope by now you would have completed your WES Evaluation.

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Hello Rohidw,

Hello , This was for my friend & He sent only MCA to wes..

RedMango

Jun 12, 2021
Hello , This was for my friend & He sent only MCA to wes..
Hi Rohidw,
Thank you very much for your reply.
Can you please take some time & check with your friend if he/she got Master's or PGDiploma's equivalency for MCA ?
I appreciate your help.
Thank you!

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
I have done a WES for MCA. I only summited MCA related transcripts - did not submit Bachelor's related docs. I got a Masters equivalent. Depends on WES evaluation though. I think it also depends on how the MCA was completed - fulltime / part-time, etc. It may be advisable to talk to WES or check their website for accredited universities and guidelines. Good luck.

Reactions: RedMango

RedMango

Jun 12, 2021
I have done a WES for MCA. I only summited MCA related transcripts - did not submit Bachelor's related docs. I got a Masters equivalent. Depends on WES evaluation though. I think it also depends on how the MCA was completed - fulltime / part-time, etc. It may be advisable to talk to WES or check their website for accredited universities and guidelines. Good luck.
Hi Justmee,
Where did you do your MCA course ? I came to know that only Esteemed Univs like IITs, NITs, IIMS master's will be evaluated as Master's. So wanted to check yours & When did you do your WES application ?
Thank you in advance

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
Hi Justmee,
Where did you do your MCA course ? I came to know that only Esteemed Univs like IITs, NITs, IIMS master's will be evaluated as Master's. So wanted to check yours & When did you do your WES application ?
Thank you in advance
As per my knowledge I am sure that it’s not about esteemed university or not , it’s about whether university is ugc approved or not .

Reactions: RedMango

RedMango

Jun 12, 2021
As per my knowledge I am sure that it’s not about esteemed university or not , it’s about whether university is ugc approved or not .
Sure. Thank you Srisundarcan,
How long has it been you applied for WES & how much time it took for the WES report to complete ?
Thank you

RedMango

Jun 12, 2021
For Wes it took 2 months for me after my university sent transcripts
Ok thank you.
Mine is an autonomous College & there is no online process. So I'm confused.
I have to attest the CMM or transcripts from autonomous College & then get the OD/PC from University & send it to WES through college or Univ!!! Lots of confusion.

sothomas

Aug 17, 2022
Hi All, Does anyone confirm on below 2 Questions 1. I have done a full-time MCA from VTU ,so is it required to send bachelor ? 2. What should I write for field of study?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Do we need bachelor degree also to be evaluated by WES when we have MCA (3 yrs) from india?
WES or any other ECA body calculate your degree equivalency for highest degree achieved till date. However WES can ask for other degrees if needed.

VidhyaDG

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
ok, thanks ..... I received the WES evaluation report for my masters but i have submitted the request for both bacheors and masters. I sent a help form inquiry to WES asking why my bachelors was not evaluated. I recieved a response saying "The original evaluation report which was sent to you will no longer be electronically accessible to IRCC" and.... A revised credential assessment report would be mailed to you and delivered electronically to IRCC upon completion. " ------- as im in the EE pool with the original report reference no, does this create any issue if i receive ITA ? also the revised report will have old ref# or new one ?