+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Master degree in neurocognitive psychology, look job in Canada

Evie31

Jun 5, 2020
Hi there,

hope you are going well under this tough time
I gonna graduate this year from my master. Currently I am looking for a job in Canada. It might be easier to look for a job in academic, but I still wanna try to hunt a job in industry. May I have some suggestion on finding a related job in Canada? I have been to Canada for a 3-months internship but need assistance on apply working permit.

Good luck & cheers,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

I gonna graduate this year from my master. Currently I am looking for a job in Canada. It might be easier to look for a job in academic, but I still wanna try to hunt a job in industry. May I have some suggestion on finding a related job in Canada? I have been to Canada for a 3-months internship but need assistance on apply working permit.

Good luck & cheers,
Unfortunately you should assume that getting a job will be extremely difficult unless you happen to qualify for a working holiday visa program based on your country of origin. What passport do you hold?

To qualify for a work permit in the industry, you'll need to secure a job offer in Canada and then your employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA. It's generally extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process since they have to prove no Canadian could be found for the job and processing typically takes many months. However you can certainly try.

To get a work permit for an academic job, you may not require an LMIA - but you will require a job offer. Academic jobs are generally hard to secure in Canada and generally speaking people are looking for PhDs. But again, you can certainly try.

There's no special website for people looking for jobs in your situation. You'll need to apply through regular job sites and hope you get lucky. Be prepared to send many applications and hear nothing back since many employers will not consider a foreign candidate.

Evie31

Jun 5, 2020
Unfortunately you should assume that getting a job will be extremely difficult unless you happen to qualify for a working holiday visa program based on your country of origin. What passport do you hold?

To qualify for a work permit in the industry, you'll need to secure a job offer in Canada and then your employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA. It's generally extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process since they have to prove no Canadian could be found for the job and processing typically takes many months. However you can certainly try.

To get a work permit for an academic job, you may not require an LMIA - but you will require a job offer. Academic jobs are generally hard to secure in Canada and generally speaking people are looking for PhDs. But again, you can certainly try.

There's no special website for people looking for jobs in your situation. You'll need to apply through regular job sites and hope you get lucky. Be prepared to send many applications and hear nothing back since many employers will not consider a foreign candidate.
I hold a chinese passport and wish immigrate to Canada via EE.

May I ask if I get a academic job with one or two year(s) contract, can I apply EE with that? so that I can be a PR after this contract and will easier to look for a job in industries. Since PhD is considered as student and will get a student visa instead of working permit, thus, I think a job will be more helpful for PR. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your kindness and patience.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I hold a chinese passport and wish immigrate to Canada via EE.

May I ask if I get a academic job with one or two year(s) contract, can I apply EE with that? so that I can be a PR after this contract and will easier to look for a job in industries. Since PhD is considered as student and will get a student visa instead of working permit, thus, I think a job will be more helpful for PR. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your kindness and patience.
The honest truth is that you should expect it will be next to impossible to find a job in Canada either in academia or the industry. Again, you can certainly try applying but the chances of success are extremely low.

Yes, if you come to Canada to study for a PhD, you will be coming on a stent visa.

Evie31

Jun 5, 2020
The honest truth is that you should expect it will be next to impossible to find a job in Canada either in academia or the industry. Again, you can certainly try applying but the chances of success are extremely low.

Yes, if you come to Canada to study for a PhD, you will be coming on a stent visa.
I got that feeling as well :( just keep trying but do feel sad after sending out lots of application but hear nothing back

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm assuming you were here for 120 days to work as a researcher.

If you want to return and work for longer, you need a work permit.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Try smaller educational institutes, but having a PhD, couple of focused articles (in good journals), and teaching experience is something that everyone is looking for maintaining the assumption of a good hire.

Reactions: Evie31

Evie31

Jun 5, 2020
Try smaller educational institutes, but having a PhD, couple of focused articles (in good journals), and teaching experience is something that everyone is looking for maintaining the assumption of a good hire.
thinking of PNP now though

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
Hi there,

Good luck & cheers,
hello, i assume that you did not study at a Canadian institution because you could get a PGWP after graduation.