+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Martial Status-Separated but not Legally Separated(Student Visa)

Bhoomika M

Apr 25, 2020
Hi,kindly assist me I am applying on student visa but my martial status is separated since last 6 months.I do not have any proof of legal separation as well. Moreover my husband has declared my passport details as wife while he was applying for his USA visa.
My query is:
1.what will be my status as MARRIED/LEGALLY SEPARATED?
2.if legally separated what all proof will I have to submit?
3.If my partner will not co operate with PCC & health check up?
4. Will only affidavit stating that we are separated from ddmm date.,work?

Please Note:- My tution fees is being sponsored by my parents.

I am from India.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,kindly assist me I am applying on student visa but my martial status is separated since last 6 months.I do not have any proof of legal separation as well. Moreover my husband has declared my passport details as wife while he was applying for his USA visa.
My query is:

I am from India.
1. Legally separated. Canada has no formal legal separation process.

2. You shouldn't have to submit any proof.

3. You don't need a PCC or medical from him.

4. You can submit if you want.

Lashika

Sep 14, 2020
My query is:

I am from India.
Were you successfull in getting visa? What documents you attached. I am in the same boat

Anirudh1984

Feb 11, 2021
Hi there,
I got married on June 30th,2020 and separated from my wife on october 20, 2020. We havent even registered the marriage yet. While submitting the express entry profile I had mentioned my status as "legally separated" . Now I have received an admit from UBC, Vancouver for an MBA. While applying for the student visa , what should I mention? I do not have any legal documents for separation neither have i filed for a divorce yet. She might want to foil my plans of going to canada. What should I do ? Will I be needing her signature for the student visa ?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi there,
Under Hindu marriage act , Its treated as a marriage.
I understand. You should confirm what Canada states for this, as it's the country you're applying for. If you register as married and they ask you for documents of your marriage you wouldn't have anything.

Lashika

Sep 14, 2020
Hi there,
I got married on June 30th,2020 and separated from my wife on october 20, 2020. We havent even registered the marriage yet. While submitting the express entry profile I had mentioned my status as "legally separated" . Now I have received an admit from UBC, Vancouver for an MBA. While applying for the student visa , what should I mention? I do not have any legal documents for separation neither have i filed for a divorce yet. She might want to foil my plans of going to canada. What should I do ? Will I be needing her signature for the student visa ?
Ask you lawyer to prepare a legally separated affidavit and apply with that. Ask lawyer if divorce can be filed before one year of separation or not..you can mention divorce filing number in the legally separated affidavit. For student visa you do not need her pcc or medical or Noc but make sure you do not have any FIR or DV case filed by her or any sort of criminal case against you. Better to try to get a mutual divorce and sort things before you go else she can definitely make things worse for you.

Sadly innocent people get cheated be it a girl or a boy

Anirudh1984

Feb 11, 2021
Ask you lawyer to prepare a legally separated affidavit and apply with that. Ask lawyer if divorce can be filed before one year of separation or not..you can mention divorce filing number in the legally separated affidavit. For student visa you do not need her pcc or medical or Noc but make sure you do not have any FIR or DV case filed by her or any sort of criminal case against you. Better to try to get a mutual divorce and sort things before you go else she can definitely make things worse for you.

Sadly innocent people get cheated be it a girl or a boy
Hi Lashika,
Thanks for your advice. I will be meeting a lawyer today itself and draft an affidavit. I am glad that I wouldnt be needing her PCC or medical or NOC for the student visa . I will certainly try to sort things before I go but I was planning on getting the student visa first so that it will be huge load off my back. I shall keep you posted .

Anirudh1984

Feb 11, 2021
New update,
She has filed for a domestic violence case. Now I dont know what to do. Will it affect my study visa. She knew I was applying and wants to stop me from going to Canada.
Any similar cases?

hemang44u

May 1, 2021
My query is:

I am from India.

Did you get Student visa after mentioning Legally separated in your application?

hemang44u

May 1, 2021
Were you successfull in getting visa? What documents you attached. I am in the same boat
Did you get Student visa after mentioning Legally separated in your application?
What document you had attached or you have been asked to after submitting the application?