+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Martial Status - Common Law or Single

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
1 - You don't need her ECA or IETLS if your CRS is 456.
2 - You cannot apply as single, that would be misrepresentation. You can apply as common law with non-accompanying dependent, she can then apply based on her own merits via EE or you can sponsor her.

I have 1 question regarding the common law in my application I submitted. Me and my girlfriend have a kid together though she lived in Sweden and me in Canada and I have applied her as a common law in my Express entry and we had lived like a month together but Cic now asking me to prove my relationship that we lived 1 year together. It's hard to prove I already submitted the details when I initially applied. ( Though I didn't claim any points of her). Is there anyway where they can just issues me P.r. cuz I was misrepresented by a consultant can I rectify the mistake.

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
1. I respectfully disagree. We have seen plenty of people on this forum apply as common law from countries where this status isn't recognized by proving they have lived together for a year continuously.

I have 1 question regarding the common law in my application I submitted. Me and my girlfriend have a kid together though she lived in Sweden and me in Canada and I have applied her as a common law in my Express entry and we had lived like a month together but Cic now asking me to prove my relationship that we lived 1 year together. It's hard to prove I already submitted the details when I initially applied. ( Though I didn't claim any points of her). Is there anyway where they can just issues me P.r. cuz I was misrepresented by a consultant can I rectify the mistake.

2. Also important to point out that if she's not declared as a common law partner, then she cannot come later as a spouse if they get married. If she isn't declared now, this will forever exclude her from being sponsored (either as a common law partner or as a spouse).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You aren’t in a common law relationship. You must live together for 1 continuous year to be common law. When did you get divorced from your previous marriage?

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
You aren’t in a common law relationship. You must live together for 1 continuous year to be common law. When did you get divorced from your previous marriage?

I WAS never married before just were g.f and boy friend but we had kid together