+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marrying in Canada

chemax79

Jan 8, 2020
Hi, I am Filipino from Philippines, living in Ontario, Canada. My question is not for myself.This is about my cousin which is Filipino of course. Shes married to a Filipino man but separated for 6 years already. The guy has his own family with 3 kids from other woman. My cousin has Canadian boyfriend, and wanted her to marry in Canada.My question, is my cousin can marry his Canadian boyfriend in Canada even his still married to his ex-husband?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No. Your cousin needs to be divorced or have her marriage annulled. If she's lived in Canada for enough time, depending on the province, she could apply for divorce in Canada.

chemax79

Jan 8, 2020
No. Your cousin needs to be divorced or have her marriage annulled. If she's lived in Canada for enough time, depending on the province, she could apply for divorce in Canada.
My cousin never been in Canada, shes living now in the Philippines.Her boyfriend is from Ontario, Canada and wont finance her for an annulment.

chemax79

Jan 8, 2020
Then she can't get married in Canada.
ok,thank you for the response..... by the way, if my cousin will come here through visitors visa, and she will live-in with her Canadian boyfriend like more or less 1 year, can she be considered as COMMON LAW PARTNER?