+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marrying Common law wife after PR Visa

SuprJim

Jul 28, 2017
Hi All, Happy New Year!

My Common-Law partner and I received a PR Visa and We are planning to move in March,
Before we go we want to get Married as our families both live outside of Canada.
I would like to know if I can Marry her before I enter Canada for the first time and activate our PR's
Will this have any effect on our visa as we have both been accepted and we both have the visa's in our passports.
Our other option is to have the Ceremony here but only do the legal marriage in Canada.
Our applications are finalized and all we have to do is land in Canada to Activate.

Looking forward to your replies;):);)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All, Happy New Year!

My Common-Law partner and I received a PR Visa and We are planning to move in March,
Before we go we want to get Married as our families both live outside of Canada.
I would like to know if I can Marry her before I enter Canada for the first time and activate our PR's
Will this have any effect on our visa as we have both been accepted and we both have the visa's in our passports.
Our other option is to have the Ceremony here but only do the legal marriage in Canada.
Our applications are finalized and all we have to do is land in Canada to Activate.

Looking forward to your replies;):);)
Hi

As your common-law partner is already included in your app, getting married doesn't have any effect. Be sure to have your marriage certificate with you when landing.