+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married on Student Visa - Removed from my school

Nwallma

Jan 10, 2020
Greetings Everyone!

I am going to be as brief as possible, if I leave any important details please give me heads up.

I am EU citizen, have been in Canada little over a year, met my Canadian partner here and have been in a relationship for 8-9 months now.

We are in our late 20s, at this point we have decided to take our relationship further so we got married! I am still on my student visa expiring at the end of 2020 however I have run into some problems with school and I was removed from my program, I have sent an e-mail to my school trying to re-appeal and see if there is a way to work things out so I can continue my studies however I have not heard from my school yet (It s been almost 2 weeks).

Now at this point my partner is really in need of me so going back home for now is not the ideal option, however I am not sure what to do, I do not have the marriage licence yet to apply PR, as I am not enrolled in school (assuming school's answer is negative), is my current status in Canada illegal? Would I need to leave then come back? Would I get implied status to remain here?

I would very much appreciate if anyone who has been in a similar situation could share their experience.

Cheers

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Greetings Everyone!

I am going to be as brief as possible, if I leave any important details please give me heads up.

I am EU citizen, have been in Canada little over a year, met my Canadian partner here and have been in a relationship for 8-9 months now.

We are in our late 20s, at this point we have decided to take our relationship further so we got married! I am still on my student visa expiring at the end of 2020 however I have run into some problems with school and I was removed from my program, I have sent an e-mail to my school trying to re-appeal and see if there is a way to work things out so I can continue my studies however I have not heard from my school yet (It s been almost 2 weeks).

Now at this point my partner is really in need of me so going back home for now is not the ideal option, however I am not sure what to do, I do not have the marriage licence yet to apply PR, as I am not enrolled in school (assuming school's answer is negative), is my current status in Canada illegal? Would I need to leave then come back? Would I get implied status to remain here?

I would very much appreciate if anyone who has been in a similar situation could share their experience.

Cheers
You need to apply to change your status to visitor.