+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married & Left Canada - confused and worried. Please advise

sonjy

Feb 24, 2010
I am asking on behalf of a friend who is totally confused and worried. Any objective advise from our senior experts from the forum would be truly appreciated. Here it goes.

My friend (Canadian Citizen) got married in 2009 in Ontario with a Korean girl friend who he dated for more than 2 years.
While they were dating, she revealed that she had a removal order from Canada in 2006 when she overstayed her student status. She failed to comply and stayed in Canada. They were in love, so they got married.

After the marriage, they wanted to correct what went wrong. So both left Canada in early 2011 and apply for her PR from her home country in Korea. He told me the responses he's getting from Seoul Office is not positive. I believe they applied for Spouse-sponsored PR.

Is this the right thing?
Or does she have to get a pardon for overstaying and noncomplying with the removal order?
Do they have to apply for Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)?

Could 5 years of non-compliance be a determining factor in her being permanently being banned from entering Canada? Or is there a chance of her getting pardoned in this case? Please advice. Thank you.

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
maybe you should ask those group who's helping immigrants for free,they knew the law in this very complicated issue of your friend...

Korean,they don't need to get visitor's visa to enter here right?why she waited for so long to lapsed her visa without going out and entering the country so this things didn't happen..

anyway,hopefully things will be better for her and her husband..hopefully they will grant her visa..they really need to prove the officer that they're relationship is for real..good luck and hope to hear some good news..