+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married but not living to gether

Riz2canada

Jun 1, 2010
I got PR status in September 2009 and since then have been living in Pakistan. I am planning to get married but we will not live together and i will proceed to Canada immediately after marriage. The idea is that once my wife get PR status then we will start our life. My concern is that is this kind of arrangement valid for sponsoring my wife? in this case i will have a marriage certificate the question is will it work?

Thanks in advance.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Many people are unable to live with their spouse until after the PR application for just that reason. Just prove in other ways that your relationship is true (records of phone calls, emails, letters, visits together, etc). If you don't live with her be sure that you visit her. Are you together with her in Pakistan now as an engaged couple but living separately? If so, have proof that you are a dating couple at this time (receipts from dates, letters from family, etc) along with proof from your marriage ceremony. You should be fine :)

I

iarblue

There is a PR residence requirement be sure you have not messed that up im not sure you can become a PR and move back to Pakistan for almost a year and then come back and try to sponsor you nest check the PR resident requirements first

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Riz2canada said:
I got PR status in September 2009 and since then have been living in Pakistan. I am planning to get married but we will not live together and i will proceed to Canada immediately after marriage. The idea is that once my wife get PR status then we will start our life. My concern is that is this kind of arrangement valid for sponsoring my wife?
Is it an arranged marriage? If it is, make sure it is arranged in as completely normal a way as possible.
Assuming you know her now, get as much proof as possible that you two have a genuine relationship.
If you have a big, traditional wedding, that will look better. It is also better to have a honeymoon. If you leave the day after the wedding, the visa officer may be suspicious. They sometimes ask if the marriage has been consummated; if not, better have a good reason. (Don't lie about it though - I saw one appeal case where the marriage had not been consummated, the couple admitted it, and the appeal was still allowed. (Still, better to avoid having to appeal.) There explanation was that they didn't want the wife to get pregnant and have to give birth in India while waiting for the PR application to be approved.)

Riz2canada

Jun 1, 2010
Thanks you all for replying.

I Just want to clarify few points over here,

1. Yes its an arranged marriage.
2. Yes i have met her.
3. My marriage will take place in a local mosque.
4. The marriage certificate will be issued by Local Government.
5. There will be no wedding reception for now. (reception will be held later)
6. I will have no physical relationship with her,
7. My wife will live at her parents place.
8. I can manage few pictures of our family get to gather and few pictures with my wife.
9. I will return to Canada after one month of marriage.
10. I will maintain contact with my wife on phone and via email.
11. I plan to file sponsorship case soon after i return to Canada.

Please advice will it work? Will there be any problem in her medical?

Will appreciate your expert opinions.

regards

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Riz2canada said:
1. Yes its an arranged marriage.
Arranged marriages are fine for a spousal sponsorship. However, the visa officer will expect that the arrangements were completely normal for your society. So try to do everything associated with arranging the marriage in the normal, expected way.
2. Yes i have met her.
Good. Provide proof of contact, and of all the arrangements.
5. There will be no wedding reception for now. (reception will be held later)
Why? Is this normal for arranged marriages in Pakistan? If it is because you want to have the reception in Canada, explain this and offer proof this reception is being planned - receipts, a hall booking, a letter from whoever is planning it.
6. I will have no physical relationship with her,
7. My wife will live at her parents place.
You are staying in Pakistan for a month after the wedding. Where will you be staying? If you and your wife will not be staying at the same place, the visa officer will be suspicious. They do ask personal questions in the interview. Explain your reason in the application. If you just want to take this time to get to know each other better, get lots of proof you spent time together.
8. I can manage few pictures of our family get to gather and few pictures with my wife.
They expect a lot of photos of the two of you together and with family and friends. If you don't have many photos, you will have to explain why.
10. I will maintain contact with my wife on phone and via email.
Get proof of this. Phone her a lot and do not just use phone cards. Calling from a landline costs a bit more, but it provides a phone bill you can use as evidence. If you use Skype, or instant messaging, you can get a log of your calls/messages. Keep your emails. Send a screenshot of your inbox and her inbox showing all of your emails, and then choose a selection and send them in.