+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married an Egyptian - Need help

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hey Everyone,

I got married and i want to move back to Canada, is it better/less time consuming if i go to Canada and apply for spousal sponsorship from there? I cant stay in Canada for more than 6months, is it possible that i leave Canada after applying if the proccess isnt done and my husband gets his pr in 6 months. What if i want to visit him while the application is in progress, is that possible?.

I'd like to hear if anyone faced any problems while applying or getting the results so, i don't repeat the same mistakes.

Thanks

EgyptianEagle

Mar 3, 2008
Hey nessy congratulation ( mabrouk) yes it better be go back to canada and apply for spousal sponsership so it takes awhile (38 days in canada ) and takes from 5-8 months here in canadaian embassy in egypt to be done so after cic in canada reply on you u can come and visit him too easy gooo luck :D

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
I havent been to Canada since 2004, will that cause a problem for me??
someone please help.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello Nessy,

My husband is from Cairo as well. First did you see the papers and what they require. It is a lot of work and alot of hastle. It took us months to get papers from Cairo.

So here is what you will need

Egyptian Marriage certificate.. you can get this from the sigil madni.. if you have one already go to the justice ministry in lazoougly or sa'd zaghlool street and don't let anybody to mislead u coz they did that with us. Transilate it and then authurize it with the transilation from the foriegn affairs embassy.

qaaid aeli, which is a family compisition record. in order to get that, you will need the egyptian marriage certificate. So again don't let anybody misleaad you as it doesn't show nathionality so it is stright forward and u can get it in a day but ours took a month and a half because of the lady who works there. You have to transilate this one from a place they will tell u at the sigial madni and then take it back to them to stamp it then then you have to take it to the foreign affairs to authunticate it.

Birth certificate of ur husband has to be transilated at the health ministry in sa'd zaglool as well and then authonticate at teh foreign affairs ministry.

As for his identification card. It has to say that he is married before you can get qaid aeli or anything so make sure his raqam qawmi card has that. and then get it transilated... we are still trying to find how to do that...

police certificate doesn't have to be transilated it.. just submit them like that.

submit lots of proof... of living together.. anything u think is useless may not be to them...

You have to proof that you would settle with your husband in Canada once he gets his PR. So you can get a letter from a university saying that you are accepted. if you have atteneded university before... all you have to do is to get a reactivation and get a letter from them to say that you are elliagable to study and admited. this will be enough. Or a job offer,

also, it is better to explain in ur letter that you are able to support him ie that you are well off and you will not need to get social assistance from them. so ifyou have educational proof, if you had jobs in canada before, things like that. if u have savings.... , etc...

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
I think Egyptian Eagle understand the process wrong.

There is two parts for the application. First the application has to go to CIC in Canada, then they will forward it to Cairo. But the whole processes will take from 6-8 months in tottal. You will get initial approval. If you are a Canadian citizen, then u can sponsor him while living in Egypt just proof that you will be to Canada when he gets his PR.

I live in Cairo iwth my husband and got approved to sponsor him. I provided an acceptance from university. If you need any help nessy, write ur hotmail here and i will be glad to help u. with any questions

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
fairouzm said:

qaaid aeli, which is a family compisition record. in order to get that, you will need the egyptian marriage certificate. So again don't let anybody misleaad you as it doesn't show nathionality so it is stright forward and u can get it in a day but ours took a month and a half because of the lady who works there. You have to transilate this one from a place they will tell u at the sigial madni and then take it back to them to stamp it then then you have to take it to the foreign affairs to authunticate it.

As for his identification card. It has to say that he is married before you can get qaid aeli or anything so make sure his raqam qawmi card has that. and then get it transilated... we are still trying to find how to do that...

also, it is better to explain in ur letter that you are able to support him ie that you are well off and you will not need to get social assistance from them. so ifyou have educational proof, if you had jobs in canada before, things like that. if u have savings.... , etc...

Dear fairouzm,

Would u plz explain the above mentioned issues more?
I sent my docs to canada to days ago & i did translate all the docs that need to be translated but i dont understand the "qaaid aeli & ID" parts..!!!
wat do u mean by that?!!!
& do i need to provide a bank account or something?

Appretiate yr help

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hey,

So you need to proof u are married in Egypt other than the marriage certificate.You need something called qaid aeli which lists ur name and wife's name and that u are married and ur kids if u have any. If u read the forms it is called kashf al ahl but in Egypt they call it qaid aeli.. from el segil el madni... i advice u to get it asap or they will request it. Also your raqam qawmi card needs to be changed to say that you are married. So far we haven't transilated both. we will do that today. I will let u know how to do them. They didn't return my application although those were missing but called the embassy here and they said they need all of that.

Well, sometimes they think that u are married to go to Canada. So if you show them that u have a good job, good savings, not for u only. For your wife too. To proof that u didn't marry for coniveince. Ie they may suspect that ur wife got money from u in order to go to Canada. so if you proof that she is well off, well educated, then this rules out that option. It is not required. I just learned to be extra careful from past experiences of my friends and my sister whose application was refused because they suspected that she got married so she can bring him into Canada. I sent my unviersity marks to proof that I am smart and doing well, i submited employment pay stubs and history, letters from my friends, professors, etc. It is better to do that now than if you have to appeal the refusal. It took three years for him to come to Canada! january 2004 to june 2007

Fairouz

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
thanks for yr fast reply :)

but it's written in the guide that :
"If you are in a common-law or conjugal relationship, provide proof of that relationship
You must provide a Family Composition Certificate (“Kashf El Ahl”) issued by the Civil Register
(“Sigil El Madani”) where applicable."

So wat i understood is this is only applicable incase common-law or conjugal relationship !!
So wat do u think?!!!

& concerning the proof of marriage , I ve a good job here in egypt AL 7amdolellah and i sent them My Employment letter, my wife also mentioned her jobs & that she was graduated from AUC.
also she got accepted at mcmaster uniisity in hamilton & we sent that letter too.
So IS that enough?

Thank U :)

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Egyptians don't recognize common-law! I asked the embassy here and they said I need it. The place it is put in is confusing but it is a different sentence. It is only missing a period at the end as it starts with a new line and also a capital letter. Where applicable if you are married in Egypt, if you are not married then, you can't get one in teh first place. This is where the confusion comes from. Egyptians don't recognize common law so you will not have anybody under you qaid aeli if you have this type of relationship. However, if you also check the specific cairo instructions for sponsiring members of family class, they request that in a sperate line and you have to include it under a separate checklist. FAMILY COMPOSITION CERTIFICATE
Family composition certificate (“Kashf El Ahl”) issued by the Civil Register (“Sigil El Madani”).

it is better to do it now than later. :)

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ahaaaa,
I got it now, i really appretiate yr help, thank u:)

So ALL i need to do now is to go to sigil el madani to change my ID status from single to married & to get el Qaeid AL 3a2eely righ?

but hay do u ve any idea how & where we gonna translate those things?

& wat abt the proof of marriage part that i asked u in my last post?

Thank u again & sorry for bothering u :)

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
ok,

Yes, if your raqam qawmi doesn't say that u are married, your wife will not be able to get anything in the future either for her or for her kids. You have to put her on that. And you will not get qaid aeli unless you change it first. It takes about 3 days fast service to change it 75 LE for the service.

We got the papers transilated from a place called happy land they said they are certified by the Canadian embassy. We are also going to take them again to the sigil madni to stamp them on Saturday and then take them to the foreign affaris ministry to legalize them.