+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married a Quebec PR before ITA

topspy_kimi

Jan 25, 2017
Hi, I received ITA in Jan this year but I was married a Quebec PR last Dec. I changed the status to "Married", "she does not accompany me to Canada" after received the ITA. I am not in Canada as my work permit has been expired.

Question:1 how the points calculated for my situation? Our combined points are less than solely by me.(less than the cut off points as well)
I am not intended to immigrate by Marriage because 1 my french is not that good. 2 Marriage case is so subjective as i heard. 3 I have a home in Toronto.

Appreciate your opinions!

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
My understanding is that if you were married before ITA, yet did not update your profile accordingly and got selected due to the higher points of being single, your application will almost certainly be rejected as you did not actually have the points needed to meet the cut-off score at ITA date. Your best option would be to decline the ITA, update your profile and wait for the next draw(s)

topspy_kimi

Jan 25, 2017
BC4life said:
My understanding is that if you were married before ITA, yet did not update your profile accordingly and got selected due to the higher points of being single, your application will almost certainly be rejected as you did not actually have the points needed to meet the cut-off score at ITA date. Your best option would be to decline the ITA, update your profile and wait for the next draw(s)
Thanks for your advice, I was trying to change the status, but the married status is not allowed to change (shown as gray area). i was assumed it only can be changed after the ITA and so here I am. I was reading another post from here saying if my spouse is not coming with you. her points will not be counted and the applicant will be seen as single status. <<Don’t want to claim Spouse points in Express Entry profile>> topic from another post

I have 468points as single,but I don't know how much I will get if combined my wife into the calculation since she doesn't have the language test.