+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage to PR

Yugleen

Mar 9, 2020
Hi all,

I have a question about the refugee claimant. If a person has applied for refugee application and then marry someone who is PR, then can refugee apply for in-land sponsorship? what is the whole process? Does the refugee application effect spousal application? Will both applications go side by side?

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Hi all,

I have a question about the refugee claimant. If a person has applied for refugee application and then marry someone who is PR, then can refugee apply for in-land sponsorship? what is the whole process? Does the refugee application effect spousal application? Will both applications go side by side?
If you marry a Canadian spouse and file your application. You can file your spousal application and it will be a faster process towards your PR/Citizenship. You can also skip all the hassle of your refugee claim. Once your spousal application is approved and you have your PR, you can pull your refugee claim file completely. ***I know this by experience only and I am not a lawyer so this is not a legal advice*** You need to contact an immigration lawyer and go over your options. However, a spousal application is a far better option for remaining in Canada legally, without restrictions and faster as a process as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you can apply for spousal sponsorship. Expect a lot of scrutiny when it comes to your relationship and whether it is genuine.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
If you marry a Canadian spouse and file your application. You can file your spousal application and it will be a faster process towards your PR/Citizenship. You can also skip all the hassle of your refugee claim. Once your spousal application is approved and you have your PR, you can pull your refugee claim file completely. ***I know this by experience only and I am not a lawyer so this is not a legal advice*** You need to contact an immigration lawyer and go over your options. However, a spousal application is a far better option for remaining in Canada legally, without restrictions and faster as a process as well.

But they will scrutinized her application, because she has a refugee application in some cases they do a relationship interview to see if your realtionship is in real

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In many ways it is safer to get your refugee application approved. You seem to have been also trying to apply for a WP in Canada in March. How long have you known this person you may be marrying or is the question a hypothetical question?What visa did you originally apply for to enter Canada? Based on your previous posts your level of education was not correct on the application. Did you enter as a student?visitor? When did you apply for asylum? Are you actually being persecuted in India and fear for your life? Have you relocated within India? Based on all your questions and posts you re trying to find a way to remain in Canada.

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
In many ways it is safer to get your refugee application approved. You seem to have been also trying to apply for a WP in Canada in March. How long have you known this person you may be marrying or is the question a hypothetical question?What visa did you originally apply for to enter Canada? Based on your previous posts your level of education was not correct on the application. Did you enter as a student?visitor? When did you apply for asylum? Are you actually being persecuted in India and fear for your life? Have you relocated within India? Based on all your questions and posts you re trying to find a way to remain in Canada.
could you please let me know I applied my claim in 2019 sep I met my gf in December 2019 after dating 14 months in February 2021 we got married I did not get my hearing yet i read some where I don’t need pcc from my home country if my wife sponsor me is it true or not ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
could you please let me know I applied my claim in 2019 sep I met my gf in December 2019 after dating 14 months in February 2021 we got married I did not get my hearing yet i read some where I don’t need pcc from my home country if my wife sponsor me is it true or not ?
Based on my recollection PCC is required for spousal sponsorship application.

rshari_88n

Mar 9, 2021
Australia
Category........
STUDY
yeah you can apply for spousal sponsorship. Expect a lot of scrutiny when it comes to your relationship and whether it is expert.

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
yeah you can apply for spousal sponsorship. Expect a lot of scrutiny when it comes to your relationship and whether it is expert.
No problem about scrutiny because we living together 24/7 days travel together all over Canada married After 16 months dating each other’s so I am not worried about scrutiny our relationship is 100000 percent genuine!!