+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage sponsorship

Ikrait

May 29, 2019
Hi all ,
I would like to know if there will be any chances for my wife to sponsor my PR noting that I have already received 5 years ban due to misrepresentation ( not declaring previous US and Canada visa refusals )

Do we have to wait until the five year ban then apply for my PR ?

What are the best options we have in this case ?

Thanks a lot for your clarifications ,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You wait until your ban is over and then she can sponsor you. Being married to a PR or citizen doesn’t change or reverse your ban.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all ,
I would like to know if there will be any chances for my wife to sponsor my PR noting that I have already received 5 years ban due to misrepresentation ( not declaring previous US and Canada visa refusals )

Do we have to wait until the five year ban then apply for my PR ?

What are the best options we have in this case ?

Thanks a lot for your clarifications ,
She will only be able to sponsor you once your five year ban has ended. She cannot sponsor you while the misrepresentation ban is active.

If you want to come to Canada earlier, your only option is to apply for a TRP (temporary resident permit). This permit is specifically for people who are inadmissible to Canada due to misrepresentation or a crime. It's generally difficult to get a TRP but you can certainly try.

Otherwise your option is for your wife to move to your home country and to live with you there until your misrepresentation ban ends and she can sponsor you for PR.