+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage related document process for Pakistani Spousal Sponsorship

FReza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi,

Apologies in advance for the long list of queries ahead, but would highly appreciate if anyone with recent experience or knowledge could verify the steps below for arranging marriage documents of newly wed couples for spousal sponsorship.

The initial document will be the Nikkah Nama in Urdu which is signed during the nikkah ceremony. After that the process will be:

Step 1 – Get new CNIC / Smart Card updated in NADRA for self and wife (Can get name change as well by showing original Nikkah Nama).

Step 2 – Get new passport for wife with new name + husband name instead of father’s name (Do I need to change my passport as well?)

Step 3 – Get English translation of Nikkah Nama from Notary Public and get it attested from them as well (Or should it be from Union Council? Do I need to have any kind of affidavit?)

Step 4- Get NADRA marriage registration certificate (Where do I get this from? Do I need to get this attested from somewhere?)

My question regarding these are:

Q1) Do i get the new CNIC first or NADRA marriage certificate first?

Q2 Do I have to get it attested from any other place, like ministry of foreign affairs?

Q3) What are the name change proof of documents required for future?

Q4) Is there any implication on spousal sponsorship if my wife doesn’t change her name? Does it make the case weak to prove them our marriage is authentic?

Thank you in advance :)