+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage & OINP Question

hiback

Dec 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have an inquiry about how getting married might affect my eligibility for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

I received the NOI on May 5th, where the minimum cutoff was 475 points. Currently, I have 475 points, but I'm curious about how my Express Entry (EE) profile would be impacted by marriage.

When I calculate my score as a married applicant (without future Spouse's IELTS, she has no work experience, ECA), my points drop to around 456.
I've heard that if Ontario proceeds with the nomination and grants me an additional 600 points, I should be able to include my future wife in my profile.

However, I'm unsure about this because Ontario might recalculate my score after adding my spouse, potentially putting me way below the NOI cutoff range.

If anyone has faced a similar situation, please share your insights. I'm open to adjusting the timing of my marriage based on what would be most advantageous without jeopardizing my nomination.

EDIT : My status as of today is assessment

Last edited:

hiback

Dec 23, 2020
My Status is in DIP as of this Friday. Can anyone provide their inputs if they have gone through this? Really appreciate any help!

sanyaak

Feb 17, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have an inquiry about how getting married might affect my eligibility for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

I received the NOI on May 5th, where the minimum cutoff was 475 points. Currently, I have 475 points, but I'm curious about how my Express Entry (EE) profile would be impacted by marriage.

When I calculate my score as a married applicant (without future Spouse's IELTS, she has no work experience, ECA), my points drop to around 456.
I've heard that if Ontario proceeds with the nomination and grants me an additional 600 points, I should be able to include my future wife in my profile.

However, I'm unsure about this because Ontario might recalculate my score after adding my spouse, potentially putting me way below the NOI cutoff range.

If anyone has faced a similar situation, please share your insights. I'm open to adjusting the timing of my marriage based on what would be most advantageous without jeopardizing my nomination.

EDIT : My status as of today is assessment
Did you add your spouse? What happened? I'm in the same boat pls help