+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage License in Philippines

ADaveOne

Aug 23, 2018
Hello,

I'm a canadian and will be going to the Philippines in October to get married to my Filipina girlfriend. I've got a fairly good idea about the papers we need, but have trouble with one. I'm 25 and she is 23, I've seen that applicants ages 25 and under need a parental advice. I understand that she needs it, but my question is do I need to provide one as well? Also, is this some kind of a form that needs to be filled out, or just hand-written? The issue is that my parents will not be there with me, so do I need them to write something up?

Thank you in advance.

devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello,

I'm a canadian and will be going to the Philippines in October to get married to my Filipina girlfriend. I've got a fairly good idea about the papers we need, but have trouble with one. I'm 25 and she is 23, I've seen that applicants ages 25 and under need a parental advice. I understand that she needs it, but my question is do I need to provide one as well? Also, is this some kind of a form that needs to be filled out, or just hand-written? The issue is that my parents will not be there with me, so do I need them to write something up?

Thank you in advance.

No. You don’t. You’re 25 so you’re fine.

ADaveOne

Aug 23, 2018
What about her, how would she go about getting this done? Does she need to pick up a form at city hall for her parents to fill out/sign?