+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage License In Alberta ?

John Ey

Oct 22, 2017
Hi there, this is my background. I hope some of you can give me some advice. I really appreciate it.
I am Canadian and my girl is from Vietnam. We are planning to get married next year.
I am wondering if
1/ it is possible for us to get the marriage license while she is in Canada with her TRV?
2/ if yes, are we able to get the marriage certificate without the wedding or ceremony? (We are planning do do it later in Vietnam)?
3/ What are the requirements for us to get the marriage paperwork here?

Thank you so much in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there, this is my background. I hope some of you can give me some advice. I really appreciate it.
I am Canadian and my girl is from Vietnam. We are planning to get married next year.
I am wondering if
1/ it is possible for us to get the marriage license while she is in Canada with her TRV?
2/ if yes, are we able to get the marriage certificate without the wedding or ceremony? (We are planning do do it later in Vietnam)?
3/ What are the requirements for us to get the marriage paperwork here?

Thank you so much in advance.
Hi

1. Yes, you can get a marriage license while she is here in Canada.

2. You can't get a marriage certificate without actually getting legally married. You also can't use the Canadian marriage license in Vietnam.

3. Google.

John Ey

Oct 22, 2017
Thank you for you help !
I just want to make sure one more thing about legal married. What is its process ? Do we just need to go to a court and swear in front of the court or something like that?
Do we really need a wedding or ceremony to legal our marriage as well ?

Thanks a lot !

ginnnyw

Oct 30, 2017
If you want to get legally married in Canada and have the "wedding ceremony/celebration" abroad later on, you can just hire a marriage commissioner in Canada once you have your marriage licence. They'll marry you in your living room for few hundred bucks, done in 20 mins or less lol. Note: Marriage licence is only valid for marriages in the same province.