+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage genuine vs. fake in the eyes of the government?

nicolet

Aug 9, 2008
hiya everyone, i have been looking around a lot of web forums, and I have yet to read someone to talk about how people in the government defines a genuine marriage. My husband and I are truly in love, and we feel like we have yet proved to the government we want to be together forever. I know many people are going through worse cases then ours, dealing with children. We are fairly newly weds, married in december 23/06. Our case started in December,this last year 07. Interview March 18th, letter requesting more evidence. Evidence given, still no word yet to what is going on. I moved back to Canada May, 21 08.

What im really wanting to know is,should I be worried that our case is longer then most. I am hearing people getting it very fast, and others it taking a long time. But their case is complicated. I dont feel we have a complicated case, my husband has never been to Canada, and has not even met my parents unfortunatly. My eyes are watering writing this, I just feel so sad not knowing when I will see my husband again. We want to start out lives here in Canada.

In Calgary there is a story about a women who went to the news and told them that the government had refused her case after filling out her forms wrong. Missing one sheet they refused her, she was a doctor on a work permit. The minute the news got involved, the next day she was working again.
DOES THIS NOT MAKE YOU WONDER.........
urggggggg

any comments welcome.....:)

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
Of course, the length of time your process takes will depend on the country your husband has applied from. We all wish we could know what the Canadian government is thinking. It can really drive you crazy with all the wondering in the darkness.

What goes on behind closed doors at the Department of Immigration? Who knows? All governments have their own unpublished agenda with things like immigration. As you can readily see with the woman going to the news. They don't want bad publicity and you can't really blame them. All of the political correctness involving fairness and stuff like that is just nonsense for ordinary people to consume. Behind the scenes, they do what they want. Thats a fact of life. Ask yourself if your husband is the type of person that Canada wants to keep out of the country. If the answer is no. Then stop worying and hope for the best.

Best Wishes!!!

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
What Immigration Canada means when they say "genuine marriage" is that they need to be convinced that the relationship is not about facilitating the entry of the foreign national to Canada. As unfair as it may seem - some countries have more applicants who try to get into Canada through "fake" marriages than others and if your husband is from a country like that (not saying he is as you didn't say where he is from) your application might undergo increased scrutiny.

If you are both truly "in it for love" and you documented the history and genuine nature of your relationship carefully in your application, you should have no need to worry. CIC knows what "signs" to look for. You can get a better idea of how long it should take for the visa office your husband is being processed through to finalize the application by looking for the visa office name in this processing timeline table. December '07 to now is not a terribly unusual timeline - it's about average for most overseas visa offices. Good Luck and keep us posted.

nicolet

Aug 9, 2008
hey hey, thanks for your posts!My husband is from Lebanon, and I know there are a lot of cases of fraud coming out of the middle east. Forsure it scares me a bit cause you never know what they think about our relationship! Our timeline is over what the timeline should be! About three months over the regular timeline. I know I shouldnt be worrying to much cause as i said i do realize people are worse off! My only hope is that it wont take another year which some people are telling me it could be! IT is so hard on our relationship. although we are very strong and talk everyday, by email and text and calling every week ! My web cam is definetly getting a lot of use!

Has anyone heard of genuine marriages that were refused?

Hearing about this women, in my city makes me want to tag along for the ride. Go to the news too, and see if they can "cut" the red tape in our case! I would love to see what would happen !!!

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
Keep in mind that this is a busy time of the year for immigration.....personel take vacations.....in addition, school is starting soon and they have to process a lot ov visas....plus, 2010 Olympics is coming up and lots ov visas to process there as well.. Chin up!