+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Fraud is not allowed under Canada's immigration law! Or is it?

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
I'm not surprised that you didn't understand anything! I'm really not. If you need some more horse blinders my daughter has a lovely pure bread quarter horse she could send you some more, different colours if you like. But you really should consider throughing those away to see the whole picture from all angles.

Let me simplify it for you....husbands had nothing walked out with nothing...I have lots got husbands to sign prenups...kept leverything as I should since it was all mine....no contribution equals no compensation :) :) isn't life in the west grand :)

Lois

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
He only reads and understands what he wants. I doubt anyone is surprised.

In fact that is probably how he ended up in this situation even. He's too thick to realize he's being used for visa papers until it is too late.

jalbert

Jun 2, 2008
Canada Marriage Fraud NPO said:
KC,
If I knew I was going to be defrauded, I wouldn't have fallen into this trap. I wished I could read her mind. I wished I could foresee her plans. But I got deceived. Why should I, a Canadian Citizen and Tax Payer, be victimized when someone else from another country deceived me and the government? Why shouldn't the criminal get victimized? Should the Canadian citizens back their own citizens rather than backing the criminal deceiver? When people tell me get over it, that means either no one can question the government or the government won't listen to me, or they are sympathizing with the criminal deceiver, or they have been one of those who are benefiting from these laws of the government, either by making money out of it or getting paid by the government using these laws.
You should've known better! Unfortunately you are the victim, not her! Also, she didn't deceive government, she only deceived you. Technically, you are the one who deceived government, as you sponsored her. If the Canadian government would have questioned your marriage in the first place, you would have been upset, but now you're upset because they can't do anything to help you. Gvmt is not sympathizing with a criminal, because as far as they know she is not a criminal, she's just the immigrant wife of a Canadian citizen.

I understand you situation and your anger, but you will have to get over it, and find the best lawful way to solve this problem.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
There is nothing fraudulent about leaving a spouse after a month.
Also, leaving a spouse after a month doesn't mean the relationship wasn't genuine.

Aug 17, 2008
I understand that I have posted this issue in a wrong place; here everyone is fighting for their loved ones to get here and are not understanding my issue willingly. I will fight for my right and will never give up. I am being victimized as a result of the Canadian laws. I sponsored the girl to be my wife, I never intended to sponsor a free adult leaving me when her plane lands in Canada. Wish you all the best. But remember that that there is no "spousal sponsorship;" this is just a trick. In reality it is just "adult sponsorship" as there is no marriage commitment in Canada and spouses arrive in Canada are adults and free to leave as they please.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
I am being victimized as a result of the Canadian laws.
There you go again blaming the laws. You agreed with those laws, signed the agreement, and worked under the laws to bring her here. You knew all the rules ahead of time and now you have to play by them.

there is no marriage commitment in Canada
The thousands of others who have made a match in another country, brought them over to Canada, and are living happy lives together would prove otherwise. The fact really is there was no marriage commitment in your marriage specifically.

Really everyone should take one thing from your story...I quote from the CIC website..."Given the legal obligations, sponsorship should not be taken lightly, and everyone is responsible for ensuring that their marriage is genuine." This is the one thing that everyone should remember when they start down this road.

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Confronting the victim mentality

A victim mentality is one where it is always someone else's fault for bad things happening to you. Further than this, it can be an expectation that things will go wrong, because `bad things always happen to me'. A victim blames others for their circumstances - when something happens, they don't take responsibility for their actions.

The most effective way to overcome the victim mentality is to start taking responsibility for every action and circumstance in your life - as you seek in every possible way to take responsibility for your life, you will begin to see that: Although I cannot control my circumstances, I can always control my response!

When we embrace this attitude, life's circumstances will no longer control us, because we have been freed to choose how to respond!

Dealing with the victim mindset

Victims tend to see the control and responsibility for their situations as belonging to others, i.e. the bad things that happen to them are always someone else's fault. This is a destructive mindset, as not only does the victim feel negatively about their current situation, but they also feel powerless to change it.

Victor Frankl survived the Nazi death camp at Auschwitz by discovering the ultimate freedom "to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to chose one's own way."

Frankl said "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." Covey, in his book, "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People", describes this ability to choose our response as his first habit, "Be Proactive".

Covey describes two concentric circles, the inner for influence and the outer for concern. Proactive people focus on the things they can control (the circle of influence) and their influencce grows. Victims focus on what they cannot control (things outside the circle of influence but in the circle of concern) and their circle of influence shrinks.

Transition to healthier thinking

The victim surrenders power over their life to others -- their life is driven by their environment. Proactive people's lives are driven by the values they employ in how they choose to respond. Victims can often be bound by unforgiveness; as Corrie Ten Boom said, "Forgiveness is setting the prisoner free, only to find out that the prisoner was me." Releasing others for their failings and accepting responsibility for our own futures is often the required path forward from a victim mentality.

Victims can feel they have certain rights that the world owes them, and are disappointed or angry when the world doesn't deliver. They tend to feel very strongly about "their rights" and they way things should be done for them.

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
My last email was directed to Canada Marriage Fraud NPO. It really is a no-win situation (victim mentality). You have a choice in how you respond to your situation.

From a living, breathing spousal sponsor (sorry to hear your marriage didn't work out for you).

Onwards and upwards,

Travel_fan

LCS

May 5, 2005
travel_fan, that was great advise for any part of ones' life from marriage, to jobs to other interpersonal relationships. Taking control really does set one free.

Aug 17, 2008
A victim mentality is one where it is always someone else's fault for bad things happening to you.
Would you please explain what the faults of the Government, other tax payers, and the citizen sponsor who have been deceived by a fraudulent person misrepesting herself to get a free ticket to canada are.