+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage consideration: Express Entry, ITA and PPR

Ayogb

Jan 25, 2018
Hi guys,

My partner and I began our immigration process late last year. ECA is now ready. But we are having cold feet about creating the Express Entry profile. Main issue is we are getting married in a few months, but also do not want to waste any time. She is the main applicant. We are worried that getting married after entering the pool may restart the process...or elongate it.

Kindly advise.

Thanks!!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

My partner and I began our immigration process late last year. ECA is now ready. But we are having cold feet about creating the Express Entry profile. Main issue is we are getting married in a few months, but also do not want to waste any time. She is the main applicant. We are worried that getting married after entering the pool may restart the process...or elongate it.

Kindly advise.

Thanks!!!
It won't restart the process. If your application is during its processing then you simply have to update IRCC of your change in marital status and to provide your marriage certificate.

Ayogb

Jan 25, 2018
Thank you DelPiero07. In short, you are saying she should create her Express Entry profile, and after she enters the pool, gets her ITA, we can update the IRCC on the change in status?
It won't restart the process. If your application is during its processing then you simply have to update IRCC of your change in marital status and to provide your marriage certificate.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

Ayogb

Jan 25, 2018
Yes. I also got married post-AOR, my file was already in my local VO. There will be a delay but it will still be faster than spousal sponsorship.

This thread also applies to post-AOR
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/getting-married-after-ppr.403906/page-11
Dear iamxty,

Another clarification needed please.

We are currently filling the Express Entry Profile form and we are asked to provide answer for whether her profession (Biochemistry) is regulated. We have just confirmed that it is. However, we don't know how to answer the questions regarding steps taken. How do we contact such body, and does it matter if we answer that we have not taken any step yet?

P.S. It is a "required" question.

Thank you.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Dear iamxty,

Another clarification needed please.

We are currently filling the Express Entry Profile form and we are asked to provide answer for whether her profession (Biochemistry) is regulated. We have just confirmed that it is. However, we don't know how to answer the questions regarding steps taken. How do we contact such body, and does it matter if we answer that we have not taken any step yet?

P.S. It is a "required" question.

Thank you.
Is it the Research tab? Don’t worry about that. Just select any option. The license is not needed when applying in the EE.