+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage certificate

Ramyasree

Nov 14, 2018
hey I’m from Indian , I got married to Indian guy who stay in Canada . We married in Hindu mission of Canada , Quebec with all religious ceremony under supervision of our friends and family. I came here through student visa, my husband works here, his work permit is about to expire. He want to apply for dependant visa on me. As we need to submit marriage certificate, it’s been more than a month we didn’t received yet. We were given a declaration from Hindu mission Canada that we legally got married, meanwhile can we apply with that declaration untill we receive marriage certificate. Is that valid ? Can we add it later to our work permit as missing document? Please some one suggest ..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
hey I’m from Indian , I got married to Indian guy who stay in Canada . We married in Hindu mission of Canada , Quebec with all religious ceremony under supervision of our friends and family. I came here through student visa, my husband works here, his work permit is about to expire. He want to apply for dependant visa on me. As we need to submit marriage certificate, it’s been more than a month we didn’t received yet. We were given a declaration from Hindu mission Canada that we legally got married, meanwhile can we apply with that declaration untill we receive marriage certificate. Is that valid ? Can we add it later to our work permit as missing document? Please some one suggest ..
Legal marriage certificates can take a long time to arrive in Canada, months maybe.
I doubt that any other document will be accepted.