+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage certificate

Rajeshmi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

If we have spouse names on both the passports, Is marriage certificate mandatory?

Or if any one knows if we can request for marriage certificate from india without spouse’s presence.

Thank you

Reactions: sky1989

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Yes marriage certificate is mandatory.

I doubt if you can get a marriage certificate without spouse's presence as both your signatures are required. But I suppose you should talk to an agent and see what can be done.

Lets meditate

Jul 8, 2018
Hello friends. :)

I would like to present another question here.
If spouse is applying for a fresh passport after marriage, would it require her to include husband's name in passport for applying spouse spons.(Husband being principle applicant in this case) in FSW Express entry application. Or just a marriage certificate is enough to prove the relationship. ?

Your kind help would deeply appreciate !

kivcool

Jun 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

If we have spouse names on both the passports, Is marriage certificate mandatory?

Or if any one knows if we can request for marriage certificate from india without spouse’s presence.

Thank you
Marriage certificate is required.. and No, you can't get one without your spouse's presence.. at least not the official way :p..

sandy1203m

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thank you
If anyone of you belongs or have ID proof of Uttar Pradesh, U guys can get the Marriage certificate in 10 minutes without being present to any office.

sky1989

Nov 28, 2018
Hi Guys,

Thank you
Hi Rajesh

I have the same question, so checking if you had any luck without marriage certificate. Also, is there any link I can use to validate that marriage certificate is mandatory? I have my spouse's name in my passport and vice versa. Further, both our names appear on birth certificate of our child. So if I submit these along with LOE, will it work?

samv02

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
BC PNP (Inland)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/06/2014 (Paper application)
Doc's Request.
27/11/2015
Nomination.....
11/01/2016
AOR Received.
20/03/2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
RPRF: 30/08/2016
Med's Request
Sent eMedicals: 13/10/2016 Upfront
Med's Done....
29/10/2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi Guys,
I am trying to apply visiting visa for my uncle and mother in law. They are married when they are less than 18 year old. Now in India, my state government is refusing to issue marriage certificate. What should I attach in the visiting visa application ? instead of marriage certificate.
Thanks.

jitinkalra

Aug 5, 2017
Hi Rajesh

I have the same question, so checking if you had any luck without marriage certificate. Also, is there any link I can use to validate that marriage certificate is mandatory? I have my spouse's name in my passport and vice versa. Further, both our names appear on birth certificate of our child. So if I submit these along with LOE, will it work?
Hello, I have the same situation, Can you please share your experience how you manage without marriage certificate.

jitinkalra

Aug 5, 2017
Hi Nik, I am still struggling in managing the marriage certificate. I have in a same situation and can't travel to India to register my marriage due to COVID. So I have no option except to go with affidavit and attach our passports along with LOE. I know that's a big risk but what else I can do. If you find any solution please share with me.

jitinkalra

Aug 5, 2017
LOE - Letter of Explanation.
I have affidavit prepared in India but thinking to have new one prepared by Local Lawyer. Honestly speaking, not idea weather that will work or not. So I suggest to do more research in this regard and that's what I am doing.