+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage certificate or Record of solemnization

Prince5

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I am waiting on my marriage certificate to start the PR sponsor process for my wife but it is taking forever. Anybody applied using Record of solemnization? Please, tell me your experience and if this was enough until you got the marriage certificate.

Regards,

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hello

I am waiting on my marriage certificate to start the PR sponsor process for my wife but it is taking forever. Anybody applied using Record of solemnization? Please, tell me your experience and if this was enough until you got the marriage certificate.

Regards,
You asked this same question on May 15 and @scylla advised you to wait for the certificate. Is there a good reason for asking again?

When you asked before, you said the certificate takes about 6 weeks. That's nothing. My wife and I waited more than 3 months to get the certificate the IRCC requested (from the Philippines Statistics Authority) We had one much sooner (from the Office of the Civil Registrar General) that looked very official. We decided to wait until we had in hand exactly what was requested.

I suggest you take the advice given. But it's up to you. You can choose to send what you have now and hope it works out. I think, as scylla suggested, your application will simply be returned as incomplete and you will have lost more than 6 weeks. But hey, ya' feeling lucky?

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

Ebuka91

Star Member
Nov 30, 2022
Canada/UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022
AOR Received.
23-02-2023
Wait for the certificate. Even if you get lucky and they don’t return the application, they will require it later and will cause yourself delays. Get the certificate