+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Certificate Mistake

oishy12

Mar 1, 2021
hello. I need an information. I am in interview queue. My husband(GCMS) ordered and we saw that interview is recommended and written in the cert of our marriage ,the is year is written 2009 in words. But in Nikka nama date is written right 2019 . How can I correct that information?? I am so tensed. Is there any way to request where I can see my submitted document? Also how to correct the date ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hello. I need an information. I am in interview queue. My husband(GCMS) ordered and we saw that interview is recommended and written in the cert of our marriage ,the is year is written 2009 in words. But in Nikka nama date is written right 2019 . How can I correct that information?? I am so tensed. Is there any way to request where I can see my submitted document? Also how to correct the date ?
You can order the complete GCMS notes which will include all of the scanned docs in your application. I'm not sure it's worth it in your case.

-Do you have a copy of your original marriage certificate (as submitted)? Ie is the error in the original or was this a mistake by the person who entered the data?

-If it's a mistake in the original, try to get a revised/corrected one issued by the authorities.

-Are you sure that the reason the interview is requested is because of this error?

-You can, at any rate, submit a webform with either the revised marriage certificate or a copy of the original and note that you have reviewed the GCMS notes and the date recorded as the date of marriage (i.e. 2009) is in error and should be corrected to 2019.

There's no guarantee that this will take you out of the interview process but there is a chance it will, and that will be to your benefit as interviews right now are only virtual and seem to be slow.

Reactions: oishy12

oishy12

Mar 1, 2021
Thanks for your response. I had TRV refusals twice before my marriage to visit my brother. This is also mentioned in my CGMS note. I submitted the original one. That is why I want to see the scanned document of my application. Are you sure if I request for complete CGMS ,I can see all scanned docs of my application? Should I wait for apply for complete CGMS or submit webform with corrected marriage certificate.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your response. I had TRV refusals twice before my marriage to visit my brother. This is also mentioned in my CGMS note. I submitted the original one. That is why I want to see the scanned document of my application. Are you sure if I request for complete CGMS ,I can see all scanned docs of my application? Should I wait for apply for complete CGMS or submit webform with corrected marriage certificate.
-Getting the complete set of docs submitted is one of the options, yes.

-Do you have a copy of the original and can see? Was the mistake on the original marriage certificate? If you can see it is in error, I don't know why you'd need the complete scan of submission documents from GCMS, you know what the problem is.

-If you have or can get a corrected marriage certificate, submit as soon as possible. This is regardless of answers above.

-Only IRCC can decide whether you'll need the interview; but TRV refusals before marriage might explain why they want an interview - to confirm that the marriage isn't a means of getting around previous refusals and/or intent to stay in Canada regardless. (Assuming TRV refusals were for the standard reason of not being convinced you would return to home country)

oishy12

Mar 1, 2021
I have another original certificate where the year is written right. But I am not sure about the submitted one as I can't remember or don't have photocopy. I will submit another original copy tomorrow through web form. It was a typing mistake I guess. Should I add an explanation letter where authority will confess their mistake??? Is there any chance of refusal because of this reason?? I Thanks a lot for your help .

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have another original certificate where the year is written right. But I am not sure about the submitted one as I can't remember or don't have photocopy. I will submit another original copy tomorrow through web form. It was a typing mistake I guess. Should I add an explanation letter where authority will confess their mistake??? Is there any chance of refusal because of this reason?? I Thanks a lot for your help .
Just submit an electronic copy and that you are providing a correct copy. Is the date handwritten on this one? (on the other one?) It's possible the person entering the info made a mistake, too. Or just misread the handwriting. Main thing is if it corresponds to the info you put in the form.

I doubt that this would be a reason for refusal. Obviously it might lead them to check a bit more carefully other docs but if everything else is in order.

But you really should keep copies of everything you submit in future. Just so you can know if things like this should come up.

oishy12

Mar 1, 2021
I have photocopy of the applications form but not the marriage certificate. The certificate isn't hand written .Authority typed the details on the certificate. In the certificate the registration date is also written as 2019 but ircc mentioned in gcms that 2009 is written in word .That means mistakenly may b on the certificate when they wrote the date they wrote in word two thousand nine instead of two thousand nineteen. They also mentioned in my Nikka nama and certificate registration date is 2019 . I feel bad I don't have the photocopy of the submitted one. After submitting another original copy of marriage certificate ,what would be your suggestion if I should again ask for full GCMS note so that i can know what was actually written on the submitted one?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Did you mention your TRV refusals in your applicaiton?
How can you have multiple "original" marriage certificates with different dates? If you have the original with the correct date, scan it and submit it for now. Get GCMS and address the issues they raised.

Reactions: armoured and k.h.p.

oishy12

Mar 1, 2021
In all the places the date was written right as 2019 in certificates and nikka nama but in place where the date is written in words it was mistakenly typed nine instead me nineteen in that copy. No i didn't mention about my refusals as I didn't get any option to choose for previous trv application information in my application forms.

oishy12

Mar 1, 2021
In all the places the date was written right as 2019 in certificates and nikka nama but in place where the date is written in words it was mistakenly typed nine instead me nineteen in that copy. No i didn't mention about my refusals as I didn't get any option to choose for previous trv application information in my application forms.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I AM pretty sure there are places to enter if you ever have ANY visa refusal from ANY country.

That would likely be the reason for the interview or worst misrepresentation.

If you are able to get a corrected/admended marraige certificate with the mistake corrected, you need to start that process.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
how can I solve the matter now about trv refusal explanation?
I think this is part of schedule A IMM 5669. You can look in the forum on how people "resolve" it.
I am NOT sure if sending them an updated form with all the refusals declared in the form will be too late or OK at this point.
If you decided to send an updated form, include an explaination letter. You may need a lawyer.... I do not know the details.

This is where you should have answer YES. And then listed and explained.
Question 6. e.