+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage certificate for Express Entry

rizauddin446

Apr 27, 2018
I have read the previous posts where they say that spouse names in passports and joint account for funds can be used to prove your marriage. So you can, include a letter of explanation as well.
Ok thanks ya. Do you know the procedure for re-applying marriage certificate. If yes can you please help me to get those detail

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
I am not sure i can help you with the procedure for re-applying for a marriage certificate. You should ask your people who live in your country. Each country is different.
Goodluck

sarab21

May 27, 2017
Hello,
can anyone suggest that is there any specification for married applicatnts in express entry to respect of time.
Like,marriage is how many months or years old or any other condition?

Thanks in advance

asad56

Feb 2, 2019
Hi,
We are also in the process of filing application.We are from India but got married in the usa and also have the marriage certificate from US so fo I have to get one more marriage certificate from India also or US marriage certificate will be okay for submitting the proof of marriage ?

asad56

Feb 2, 2019
And please also let me know what all documents are required for the spouse as secondary applicant?

lp6440

May 29, 2019
Can someone let me know if the marriage certificate needs to be attested by ministry of external affairs before submitting for Canada PR? or I can submit the original copy and it should suffice? Thank you.

Dhinda

Jun 8, 2019
Hi
For marriage proof, can we just submit religious marriage certificate and JOINT MARRIAGE AFFIDAVIT?

RP90

Jan 23, 2020
Hi,

Has anyone got married in church from India and applied for PR? We have church marriage certificate which is notarized by government of Maharashtra and marriage registrar of India, all these stamps are at the back side of church marriage certificate. Does this works?

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
My application got straight away cancelled because I only submitted my marriage affidavit. I did not submit my urdu marriage certificate. Now I am going to get it translated and submit both of them. Also, I will be submitting my passport along with my spouse passport as we have each other name in the spouse section and my kids passport (name of father and mother mentioned in passport ) for a strong case. As we have our name on each of our passport. Is there anyone who have got more input on this ?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
My application got straight away cancelled because I only submitted my marriage affidavit. I did not submit my urdu marriage certificate. Now I am going to get it translated and submit both of them. Also, I will be submitting my passport along with my spouse passport as we have each other name in the spouse section and my kids passport (name of father and mother mentioned in passport ) for a strong case. As we have our name on each of our passport. Is there anyone who have got more input on this ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Marriage certificate
Purpose
To validate marital status claims
Document requirements
  • This document is requested only when marital status is listed as married.
  • The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law.
    • A marriage performed in an embassy or consulate must comply with the law of the host country where it took place, not the country of nationality of the embassy or consulate.
  • If the applicant married in Canada, a copy of the marriage certificate issued by the province or territory where the marriage took place must be provided.
  • If the applicant married outside Canada, a copy of a legal certificate issued by the country, the territory or the region where the marriage took place must be provided.

If any document is not in English or French, submit an official translation.
Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Marriage certificate
Purpose
To validate marital status claims
Document requirements
  • This document is requested only when marital status is listed as married.
  • The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law.
    • A marriage performed in an embassy or consulate must comply with the law of the host country where it took place, not the country of nationality of the embassy or consulate.
  • If the applicant married in Canada, a copy of the marriage certificate issued by the province or territory where the marriage took place must be provided.
  • If the applicant married outside Canada, a copy of a legal certificate issued by the country, the territory or the region where the marriage took place must be provided.

If any document is not in English or French, submit an official translation.
Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
Thanks for the detailed response. I am able to cover all the listed points.

Navjotk

Jan 25, 2021
Hi i need some urgent help my brother is on work permit and applied for PR so now he got married and he also want to add his spouse for PR process in his application. So the main problem is the marriage certificate is mandatory for proof or other multiple proof can show becz in india due to some techincal problem registration process stopped so don’t know when will be open . My brother flight next week to canada so is there any solution except marriage certificate becz its urgent please please reply

alka2378

Jul 8, 2019
Hi,
We are here on work permit and received ITA. Now while filing up form we realized that our marriage certificate has wrong date. while we applied for work permit we gave correct marriage date with the same Marriage certificate (that contains wrong date). Marriage certificate was issued in India.
Now I need to understand if I need to apply for correction in my marriage certificate. If yes then can we do it online or can someone from India do this on our behalf.
Any help is much appreciated.