marriage certificate for Express Entry

MittalPD

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Hi,
Could you give me suggestion for marriage certificate related proofs if we are married ??

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
MittalPD said:
Hi,
Could you give me suggestion for marriage certificate related proofs if we are married ??
The following documents can be submitted.

1) Marriage Certificate (this is the primary document)
2) Passport (if spouse name has been updated)
3) Aadhaar Card (if spouse name has been updated)

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
For my application I used;

1. Marriage Certificate from Church
2. Affidavit for Change of name for my spouse
3. Spouse new passport bearing my name.

Reactions: singhabhineet

pui

Sep 5, 2016
Hi. Kindly help me in resolving this. My husband's last name has an additional letter in my marriage certificate. Would this be an issue ? Getting it changed will take a long time and I don't know whether Gazette office will give me the corrected version in the required time. Has anyone faced this issue while submitting application for ITA?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Only marriage certificate is needed. The marriage certificate has to be issued or has to be notarised by the registrar of births, deaths and marriages.

Religious marriage certificates by itself are not legally recognised.

Name change for spouse is not necessary as not all women change their names after marriage.

pkshaji

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
MittalPD said:
Hi,
Marriage certs from the religious institution can be used to obtain the Marriage certificate from the Local authority - Corporation / Village office etc. where birth / death / marriages are registered. Otherwise , any government institutions like Wakaf board , Adhaar etc.

Adding the name of the spouse in the passport is another easy option....

Child with you and your spouse as parents , not much questions asked.... :)

Joint medical insurance , Joint bank accounts , Marriage pictures with many people around can be used as supporting documents if any question arise...

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
hi could you pls clarify this for me - i was previously married briefly and have a child from that marriage who is included in my application. i use my maiden surname now in all official documents and all my educational certificates and passport carry that name . however , in my child's birth certificate my name has been entered with both my maiden name and my then husbands last name together.
what documents will i need to prove that change ( no legal name change was done) ? will a notarized affidavit suffice ?
thanks in advance !

rizauddin446

Apr 27, 2018
Hello,

While shifting house we lost our some documents which includes marriage certificate. Right now we are planning to apply for Canada PR. So which document we should need to submit as marriage proof.

We have updated spouse names in our passports and even we changed surname. Is it enough as proof.
Even we updated spouse details in aadhar card. Can I use this as add-on?
Are I need to get marriage certificate

Last edited:

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Hello,

While shifting house we lost our some document which include marriage certificate. Right now we are apply for Canada PR. so which document so we document should I need to submit for marriage proof.

We have updated spouse names in passport and even we changed surname. Is it enough as proof.
Even we updated spouse details in aadhar card. Can is use this as add-on?
Are I need to get marriage certificate

Yes get the marriage certificate. Takes 1 week maximum i guess.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
So according to you without marriage certificate we cant proof our marriage relationship with passport have spouse names. Is it not possible to apply without marriage certificate?
It is better to provide the correct documents than to have your application rejected. Do you have children? On the birth certificate the name of both parent is written.

For how many years have you been married? I think IRCC, would need the marriage certificate if you dont have children.

Last edited:

rizauddin446

Apr 27, 2018
It is better to provide the correct documents than to have your application rejected. Do you have children? On the birth certificate the name of both parent is written.

For how many years have you been married? I think IRCC, would need the marriage certificate if you dont have children.
Thanks for reply.

Its been 5 years, we don't have children. we have joint accounts where we are maintaining our funds can we use this? In passports we have added spouse names and passports also a government issued document right. Again if we apply for marriage will it be a problem as our names updated in passports.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
The question is are you married or not? If your marriage certificate was lost you just need to apply to get a new one, why are you saying if you apply for marriage it will be a problem as your names have been updated in passports. If you state that you are married in your profile, you will need to submit a marriage certificate. If you cannot you should write a Letter of Explanation and explain why you cannot submit the marriage certificate and give other supporting documents, maybe photos to prove that you are married.

rizauddin446

Apr 27, 2018
The question is are you married or not? If your marriage certificate was lost you just need to apply to get a new one, why are you saying if you apply for marriage it will be a problem as your names have been updated in passports. If you state that you are married in your profile, you will need to submit a marriage certificate. If you cannot you should write a Letter of Explanation and explain why you cannot submit the marriage certificate and give other supporting documents, maybe photos to prove that you are married.
I am married. Sorry to say. I am trying to know that will it be any problem to apply marriage certificate again as our names update in passport long back firstly. And secondly I heard and read some where that with spouse names in passports and joint account for funds is enough instead marriage certificate. Just i want to confirm this. i don’t know the procedure to re-apply for marriage certificate. I am trying get this too.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
I am married. Sorry to say. I am trying to know that will it be any problem to apply marriage certificate again as our names update in passport long back firstly. And secondly I heard and read some where that with spouse names in passports and joint account for funds is enough instead marriage certificate. Just i want to confirm this. i don’t know the procedure to re-apply for marriage certificate. I am trying get this too.
I have read the previous posts where they say that spouse names in passports and joint account for funds can be used to prove your marriage. So you can, include a letter of explanation as well.