File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Seriously, why are they making so many errors on a legal document???! That is just ridiculous. They need to get their act together!

It probably won't be a problem, but the end decision is up to the cic vo. Since there are so many errors, I would start the process of fixing these. I know you said it is time consuming and expensive, but seriously, they should be fixed. Sorry to say I wouldn't be surprised if the Philippine government was doing this on purpose to get more money. They probably do it a lot.

Submit your application with the certificate as is like I said before with an explanation and photocopy of your mother's birth certificate. You should consider fixing the document though for the future, for yourselves, and this way too if by small chance it is questioned by cic (doubtful) then you can show the paper work that you are going through the process to fix the Philippine government's mistake!

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
Hi cutesilverangel,

I have quite a similar issue regarding NSO documents (I know, isn't it ironic that NSO sucks with important details?). But with mine, my middle name (mom's maiden name) is misspelled and also, they had it again misspelled on my marriage contract (put n instead of ñ). I read in the country specific guidelines (its here on page A-2 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3905e.pdf) that you just have to include an affidavit of discrepancy explaining the errors. I had it made through a notary public and included it on my application. It worked just fine for me, I already have my visa & COPR (well, that was quite a gamble, I had sleepless nights because of it haha). I just don't know if that's the same with the citizenship part. I tried to have it corrected a few years back but it was a painstakingly long and expensive process that I just gave up on it. Since it doesn't directly involve you, the applicant, I think that wouldn't be a problem.

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
tink23 said:
Seriously, why are they making so many errors on a legal document???! That is just ridiculous. They need to get their act together!
Sorry to say I wouldn't be surprised if the Philippine government was doing this on purpose to get more money. They probably do it a lot.
Yes they do. And they do it a lot. :mad: a lot of "fixers" are lurking around the office trying to squeeze out a lot more money from you just to expedite the already tedious process. In each step, they ask for additional amounts. Its sad that for people who go through the process the "correct & legal" way, their papers are put aside to make way for people who paid a lot more than what is mandated.

Feb 14, 2024
I don't know for sure, but I really don't think it should affect the sponsorship. You could tell cic that you're applying to fix this error and also send a copy of your mum's birth certificate or citizenship to show that she is Canadian, to ease your nerves. The question, however, is do you qualify to sponsor your husband, which if you are Canadian (or even a Canadian PR) you do qualify, so I don't think it is anything that will affect your sponsorship.
I have the same mistake but on my name I have a second name not middle name but actual second name and I forgot to put it. Now our marriage certificate doesn’t have my second name. Does it going to affect my application for sponsoring my husband? I already request for error correction. They going to give me a certificate of correction with the office signature because to process the error correction it will take 1 year to get the marriage certificate with correct name.

Feb 14, 2024
I have a question. I made a mistake by not putting my second name. I requested to correct the error on our marriage certificate and they told me they’re going to give be a certificate of correction indicating what went wrong and it will take about 1 year to get the new marriage certificate. Now my question is, if I’ll submit the marriage certificate that we have now attached with the certificate of correction will it be any issues or are they going to consider it?