+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage before visa interview

pr_seeker

Mar 25, 2009
I am scheduled to appear for visa interview in the second week of June at Detroit office. My question is will there be any issues if I marry before the visa interview

-i-

Mar 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good question there...
I'd like to know the answer too.
Infact I'll go on to ask further...
What happens if one enters into marriage after interview?
and what if between final approval and landing?

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
You need to add your spouse to your application as you are no longer single. You must add your spouse as soon as you have your marrigare certificate. Your spouse will go through the same background check and will be required to do a medical.

pr_seeker

Mar 25, 2009
I am scheduled to appear for visa interview in about 30 days. If I marry 20 days before the interview will I be able to update my application on time before the interview. Will this create any problems during the interview.Alternately, is it possible for me to postpone my interview.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pr_seeker said:
I am scheduled to appear for visa interview in about 30 days. If I marry 20 days before the interview will I be able to update my application on time before the interview. Will this create any problems during the interview.Alternately, is it possible for me to postpone my interview.
Why are you guys making life hard for yourself. So you want to bring your life and world to a Halt because you have applied for Immigration?.
In my view, the CIC website is full of Information. It states categorically to contact and inform them in writing should your circumstances change. That is what I will do, If I get married before my case is decided. I will fill in the necessary forms, write a covering letter, contact them and carry-out their instructions. Job done. It's your choice, you may wish to do otherwise, i.e Wait, get the PPR and start her own application one way or the other ( I don't know the status (Immigration) of your Fiancee).