Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
screech339 said:
Your girlfriend would be able to stay in Canada after you get married and submit your sponsorship inland along with her OWP application same time before your gf's work visa expires. If your gf is working on a IEC visa, she would have to quit her work on last day of IEC and but she continue to stay in Canada as "implied visitor status" until her PR process is done. However she cannot leave Canada during the process.

If you submit PR sponsorship outland, your gf would have to maintain her visa status while in Canada as "implied status" does not apply here.

Screech339
Are you sure about "implied visitor status"? I only ask because I applied for a visitor visa at the end of my IEC in order to maintain status. Was under the impression that it states in the guidelines that you need maintain your status and a pr app does not give you status.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
corbs said:
Are you sure about "implied visitor status"? I only ask because I applied for a visitor visa at the end of my IEC in order to maintain status. Was under the impression that it states in the guidelines that you need maintain your status and a pr app does not give you status.
There was a lot of confusing posts about "implied status" regarding PR application lately with the new changes such as OWP application now sent to missauga office instead of vegreville.

Regardless of the confusion, IEC does not get "implied status" when PR papers are submitted and OWP application are submitted as well.

If an OWP application was submitted and you did not get your OWP before IEC visa expires, you have to quit working on last day of IEC visa. You may even have to submit a change of status to "visitor" status in order to grant yourself an "implied visitor status" after your IEC visa expire date.

Screech339

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
screech339 said:
There was a lot of confusing posts about "implied status" regarding PR application lately with the new changes such as OWP application now sent to missauga office instead of vegreville.

Regardless of the confusion, IEC does not get "implied status" when PR papers are submitted and OWP application are submitted as well.

If an OWP application was submitted and you did not get your OWP before IEC visa expires, you have to quit working on last day of IEC visa. You may even have to submit a change of status to "visitor" status in order to grant yourself an "implied visitor status" after your IEC visa expire date.

Screech339
Yeah this is what I was getting at. Think in your previous post there was a typo that stated that you do get "implied visitor status". Pretty certain that those on IEC should be applying for a visitor visa. If for nothing else than being on the safe side of CIC.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
corbs said:
Yeah this is what I was getting at. Think in your previous post there was a typo that stated that you do get "implied visitor status". Pretty certain that those on IEC should be applying for a visitor visa. If for nothing else than being on the safe side of CIC.
Previously, when inland PR applications were sent to Vegreville, applicants could submit an Open Work Permit application along with the PR app. It was the OWP app that conferred Implied Status, not the PR app. Until the decision was made on the OWP app, the applicant would have Implied Status. Those on an IEC could stay in Canada after their IEC expired, though only as a visitor; after AIP, they were granted the OWP.

Now that inland PR apps are sent to Mississauga, which doesn't process OWP apps, the general consensus on the forum is that the OWP app cannot be submitted with the inland PR app and instead can only be submitted after AIP. Because of that, applicants must maintain their status separately.