+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after submitting PR application

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hello,

Can someone shed some light on the following?

I am applying for PR under CEC - I will have all documents submitted by December 1st this year.

I am also getting married end of December this year (my fiance is PR and recently applied for her passport).

After I get married, I will inform CIC of the change, but my question is will it have any impact on my application? Will I need to provide documentation for my spouse or any other information other than my status change?

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Can someone shed some light on the following?

I am applying for PR under CEC - I will have all documents submitted by December 1st this year.

I am also getting married end of December this year (my fiance is PR and recently applied for her passport).

After I get married, I will inform CIC of the change, but my question is will it have any impact on my application? Will I need to provide documentation for my spouse or any other information other than my status change?

Thanks in advance
No, it will not impact your app. Just send a Webform to update IRCC with copies of the marriage certificate and her PR card.

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
No, it will not impact your app. Just send a Webform to update IRCC with copies of the marriage certificate and her PR card.
Oh great, thanks for your reply! So I won't need to submit her documents such as education/travel history etc?

uetian119

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Ontario
I have a question. If you marry a girl after PR application submit and it results to decrease your funds in bank account . Then you need to ask funds support from wife?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have a question. If you marry a girl after PR application submit and it results to decrease your funds in bank account . Then you need to ask funds support from wife?

Um... what? LOL. You posted under CEC, so the initial response is, for CEC applicants, you do not need to show proof of funds.

Reactions: uetian119