+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after submitting eAPR

viki.swami

Jun 9, 2018
Hello,
My Brother-in-Law had received an ITA last year and submitted the PR application last year as well. He got married in July, while the PR application was still in process. Therefore, he notified IRCC about his change in marital status and send the marriage certificate as well. We had applied for GCMS notes on his application and just received the notes day before yesterday. In one of the notes it states the following - "Correspondence received from PA indicating recently married - application referred to the IN - spouse to be added after ITA". We do not understand what this means. IN here is India. As he resides in India, his application has been sent to India. But, why has it been sent to India? what does "spouse to be added after ITA" mean? Does it mean he has to submit a PR application for his wife? If someone could clarify what this statement means, that would be great. Thank You.

viki.swami

Jun 9, 2018
His wife is going to be added to his application as a dependent and she needs to submit PCC as well as medical.
Hello, Thank You for your reply. My BIL hasn't received any request from IRCC for the PCC or the medicals. He can apply for the PCC right away even without a request from IRCC. Now, can he get a medical exam done without a formal request from IRCC? What can he do in order to speed up this process?

Arshdeep31

Aug 23, 2019
His wife is going to be added to his application as a dependent and she needs to submit PCC as well as medical.
Hi brother,
I will get marry after my e-APR. My future wife is already in Canada on work visa. If I inform IRCC about marriage through webform, will it affect my points? Or rejection!

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi brother,
I will get marry after my e-APR. My future wife is already in Canada on work visa. If I inform IRCC about marriage through webform, will it affect my points? Or rejection!
Adding after AOR does not lead to recalculation of points.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi brother,
If an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements

All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).