+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after landing

Shah_140

May 27, 2019
Hi All,

I have a quick question regarding leaving Canada and getting married after flagpole landing.
I got my PPR and sent my passport for stamping and getting COPR which i will get by Oct 21st. My marriage is planned on Nov 19th for which i have to leave Canada on Nov 14th. I am planning to do a soft landing /flagpole at Niagara border on 22nd or 23rd Oct 2019.

I need some clarification and guidance on the below points:
1. Can i get married after landing? Will there be any issue with my PR status as at the time of landing i am single and while i get PR card i will be married?

2. Can i go to India and get married after doing a soft landing and without PR card in hand as i might not get the PR card by 14th Nov (the day i m leaving for India)?

3. I know i must have PR card or PRTD while returning back to Canada. Do they ask for PR card at the time of leaving Canada too?

4. What is the maximum processing time of getting my PR card at my Canadian address after doing a successful landing?

5. As the current processing time is 13 to 17 days, I will have 22 days between landing and leaving Canada. Shall i postpone my marriage (very tough situation for my in laws to cancel all the bookings and all), cancel my flight and get the PR card in hand before leaving Canada? Or i can do landing, go to India get married and ask my uncle (in Canada) to send my PR card to my Indian address and come back to Canada with my PR card.

Please suggest i am very confused as my family just asking me to cancel my marriage get the PR card and then go to India for marriage on a later date.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

I have a quick question regarding leaving Canada and getting married after flagpole landing.
I got my PPR and sent my passport for stamping and getting COPR which i will get by Oct 21st. My marriage is planned on Nov 19th for which i have to leave Canada on Nov 14th. I am planning to do a soft landing /flagpole at Niagara border on 22nd or 23rd Oct 2019.

I need some clarification and guidance on the below points:
1. Can i get married after landing? Will there be any issue with my PR status as at the time of landing i am single and while i get PR card i will be married?

2. Can i go to India and get married after doing a soft landing and without PR card in hand as i might not get the PR card by 14th Nov (the day i m leaving for India)?

3. I know i must have PR card or PRTD while returning back to Canada. Do they ask for PR card at the time of leaving Canada too?

4. What is the maximum processing time of getting my PR card at my Canadian address after doing a successful landing?

5. As the current processing time is 13 to 17 days, I will have 22 days between landing and leaving Canada. Shall i postpone my marriage (very tough situation for my in laws to cancel all the bookings and all), cancel my flight and get the PR card in hand before leaving Canada? Or i can do landing, go to India get married and ask my uncle (in Canada) to send my PR card to my Indian address and come back to Canada with my PR card.

Please suggest i am very confused as my family just asking me to cancel my marriage get the PR card and then go to India for marriage on a later date.

Thanks
1. Yes. No.

2. Yes.

3. No.

4. Right now, 6 weeks.

5. No need to cancel. Either get the card mailed or get a PRTD.

Reactions: Shah_140