+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after filling the application

Elbekbashy

Feb 14, 2017
Hello guys,

I have a quick question regarding the status in the Express entry profile, me and my fiance of almost one year (although we have been together for almost 4 years now) never lived together so i don't think we that we classify as a common law partner but we are going to get married later on this year hopefully in few months.

She is going to be the main applicant and we are almost ready to apply but it its very confusing now, what should we do? should we apply together and just hand the documents when its needed and when its issued? is it possible that she apply alone and then update the application when we are married? if so when will be our deadline for adding me in the application?

We talked and we don't have the option of one of us traveling and then sponsoring the other, we don't want to live separately.

Thank you

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Wait till you are married and apply together. She is the main applicant and can add you on as accompanying. That's the easiest and fastest way.

Elbekbashy

Feb 14, 2017
kryt0n said:
Wait till you are married and apply together. She is the main applicant and can add you on as accompanying. That's the easiest and fastest way.
The problem with this is that we wanted to bypass the money and the fuss of settling here if we are already traveling, i thought about one of the ways above so we can determine the wedding date according to our progress in the process. Is any of them valid? can't she update me in the application?

sindrom1992

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
I recon one of you can apply alone, then after (if) you recieve an invitation to apply you can marry her and add her in your application.

Elbekbashy

Feb 14, 2017
sindrom1992 said:
I recon one of you can apply alone, then after (if) you recieve an invitation to apply you can marry her and add her in your application.
And this wont be any different from starting the application together? increasing the process time since we changed something as huge as this in the EE profile ?

j.akshay91

Nov 15, 2018
I have a similar question -
I and my fiancée are getting married on December 17 , 2020 and would get the marriage certificate in 2-3 days (Maybe on December 21, 2020) .

Assuming that we have all other documents ready - LORs, Proof of Funds, ECA, IELTS score cards, can we submit our profile today as a married couple before getting married?