Marriage after COPR

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I would say, its a serious offence to not care about COPR for which everyone fights and its expiring...

My best wishes to the OP.
I suggest you look up the meaning of the word "offence". It is an actual offence to not notify IRCC of a marital status change prior to landing.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I suggest you look up the meaning of the word "offence". It is an actual offence to not notify IRCC of a marital status change prior to landing.
It was sarcasm.

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
As long as IRCC is notified before COPR expiry.
have u previously seen a case similar to mine in it's tight time scenario?
I don't know but I am afraid that the COPR must be valid at the time they reopen my application to add my spouse. Due to the tight time between my marriage and them reopening my application, they will find that my COPR has expired.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
have u previously seen a case similar to mine in it's tight time scenario?
I don't know but I am afraid that the COPR must be valid at the time they reopen my application to add my spouse. Due to the tight time between my marriage and them reopening my application, they will find that my COPR has expired.
If you are afraid, then either marry sooner or after PR.

Reactions: ezio

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
If you are afraid, then either marry sooner or after PR.
I will try to make it sooner. Should I send an email to CPC-OTTAWA or my local visa office in my home country or raise a CSE stating that I got married? and how long it takes to get a response back?

vivekvoona

Dec 24, 2019
As long as IRCC is notified before COPR expiry.
Hi ,
My marriage is on 27th Feb 2020 and my COPR is expiring on 22nd March 2020. I've a tight timeline here. If I inform CIC about the change in marital status soon after my marriage, how are the chances of getting my application re-opened by CIC?

Regards,
Vivek Voona

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi ,
My marriage is on 27th Feb 2020 and my COPR is expiring on 22nd March 2020. I've a tight timeline here. If I inform CIC about the change in marital status soon after my marriage, how are the chances of getting my application re-opened by CIC?

Regards,
Vivek Voona
Ideally, you have to inform IRCC and they send a checklist of documents which will help in getting COPR for both.You should choose Court Marriage in a day or two and then inform IRCC, then things would be better.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi ,

Regards,
Vivek Voona
Chances are fine.

vivekvoona

Dec 24, 2019
Ideally, you have to inform IRCC and they send a checklist of documents which will help in getting COPR for both.You should choose Court Marriage in a day or two and then inform IRCC, then things would be better.
Court marriage in India is taking a lot of time these days. They need a minimum of one month prior notice period.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the inputs. If the IRCC doesn’t reply and my visa expires, will that be an end of journey to my application? Or because I informed them before by visa expires, they will reopen the application?
As long as you inform them before, it's fine.

suansh

Jan 29, 2024
Hi
I got my copr in april 2023, I got married in may 2023 but did not know the process where i had to inform ircc. now copr expires in 10 days. Already raised webform but they said my information has been passed to the concerned office and they will get back to me. It has been 20 days since this and till now no reply and my copr expires on 4th march 2024. What should I do ? will i lose of chance of PR if I don't receive reply before 4 march. How can i expedite this. Please reply

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi
I got my copr in april 2023, I got married in may 2023 but did not know the process where i had to inform ircc. now copr expires in 10 days. Already raised webform but they said my information has been passed to the concerned office and they will get back to me. It has been 20 days since this and till now no reply and my copr expires on 4th march 2024. What should I do ? will i lose of chance of PR if I don't receive reply before 4 march. How can i expedite this. Please reply
Keep submitting a webform, and mention about you got married and wanted to add your spouse. They will send you an ADR with relevant documents needed.

Meanwhile, prepare following documents for spouse
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Valid Passport (validity should be more than a year considering the processing time at IRCC)
3. Govt. IDs like Driver License
4. Photos of each ceremony during marriage
5. Photos of meeting spouse before marriage at different spots
6. Photos with spouse and parents (yours and spouse's)
7. Wedding Invitation Card

Rest wait for IRCC to respond.

suansh

Jan 29, 2024
Keep submitting a webform, and mention about you got married and wanted to add your spouse. They will send you an ADR with relevant documents needed.

Meanwhile, prepare following documents for spouse
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Valid Passport (validity should be more than a year considering the processing time at IRCC)
3. Govt. IDs like Driver License
4. Photos of each ceremony during marriage
5. Photos of meeting spouse before marriage at different spots
6. Photos with spouse and parents (yours and spouse's)
7. Wedding Invitation Card

Rest wait for IRCC to respond.
Hi, thank you for your reply.I already have those docs ready. And I have submitted 3 web forms as of now and got a reply as I told. My question and concern is whether I will lose the chance of PR if I do not get reply before my CoPR expires?
Also, is there anything else I can do right now besides waiting. Can I call them from outside Canada. Is there any way to expedite this process?