+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after AOR

LOLUCHAP

Star Member
Jan 3, 2017
My aor is jan 20...I am now planning to get married...so what is the process of informing cic and what additional things I need to do

Also will that increase processing time?

Umer221

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2017
LOLUCHAP said:
My aor is jan 20...I am now planning to get married...so what is the process of informing cic and what additional things I need to do

I think you need proof of funds and PCC for your wife because you have got AOR already.
It will increase the processing time for sure because you have to provide additional documents.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You have to inform CIC as there is a change in your family composition. You would need to do medical and PCC for your wife. You would also need to show additional funds. There won't be recalculation in points but adding these documents would cause a delay. You have to send a CSE to the visa office serving your region if you are outside Canada. If you are in Canada, you can do it online. If you are in India, you would have to get your passports reissued to add spouses name so that you can get a PCC.

LOLUCHAP

Star Member
Jan 3, 2017
I am in Canada. Right now my status is PGWP and Temporary Residence Visa. Suppose I marry in February. Then can i do open work permit for my wife as well?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
xpressentry said:
You have to inform CIC as there is a change in your family composition. You would need to do medical and PCC for your wife. You would also need to show additional funds. There won't be recalculation in points but adding these documents would cause a delay. You have to send a CSE to the visa office serving your region if you are outside Canada. If you are in Canada, you can do it online. If you are in India, you would have to get your passports reissued to add spouses name so that you can get a PCC.
What if the spouse is a Permanent resident but currently residing outside Canada. Would they still need PCC and or Medical?

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi, what happened later? Can we connect in personal chat for specific steps? I'm in a situation to get married now (I have AoR), in unavoidable circumstances.

ravish02

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
It is mandatory to add spouse name after AOR ?. Is marriage certificate not enough for the proof ?