+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maritial Status change after application submission

saurabhmkj

Nov 16, 2014
Hi All,
Need a quick help here if any of you happen to know the process around this or have personally gone through the same in near past -

I submitted my application under FSW 2 weeks back and might get married in next 2-3 months. Now, what do I need to do post that?

Can I get my spouse name also added to the same application by paying additional fee? Doing so, does she also need to go through the same process as I did, like, IELTS, PCC, medicals and all? please guide me with some information around this process.

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Hi Saurabh,
What do you mean by FSW? You got ITA and you submitted eAPR? or you've just created a EE Profile?
If you have recently created a ee profile then before ita/pnp noi you can add you spouse and change almost most of the information provided.

Let me know the exact thing so I can help u more ..

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
saurabhmkj said:
Hi All,
Need a quick help here if any of you happen to know the process around this or have personally gone through the same in near past -

I submitted my application under FSW 2 weeks back and might get married in next 2-3 months. Now, what do I need to do post that?

Can I get my spouse name also added to the same application by paying additional fee? Doing so, does she also need to go through the same process as I did, like, IELTS, PCC, medicals and all? please guide me with some information around this process.
You will need to inform CIC of your marriage. They will ask additional docs like proof of marriage, PCC for your spouse and Medical. You will pay additional fee.
They will get PR along with you. No need for ECA or IELTS.
Good luck!

saurabhmkj

Nov 16, 2014
karandeepwalia said:
Hi Saurabh,
What do you mean by FSW? You got ITA and you submitted eAPR? or you've just created a EE Profile?
If you have recently created a ee profile then before ita/pnp noi you can add you spouse and change almost most of the information provided.

Let me know the exact thing so I can help u more ..

@karandeepwalia - I have already submitted my application. It was picked under FSW category (Federal Skilled Worker).
I have paid my fee of 1040 dollars as well. Now, after 4 months when I get married, how do I get her added to my PR?

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
saurabhmkj said:
Hi Guys,
Can you please tell me how to inform CIC about the change of maritial status?
hey.

i was in the same situation.

i submitted my application for PR on nov 8th 2015 and got married on dec 13th 2015.

you will have to fill out few forms and pay the fees of 1040 dollars (which is processing fee for your wife and RPRF upfront if you want to).

"To add a family member to the application, you have to download, fill out, validate and print the following forms** from our website and send them to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia:

A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,

(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,

(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,

(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,

A copy of the family member’s valid passport,

Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

and

The add-on request including:
your name,
your client ID number/UCI,
your file number,
a letter of explanation,
a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
if applicable, the proof of payment.
You must write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc
."

how ever my file was being processedin ABUDHABI so i sent my forms to abu dhabi instead of nova scotia.

you can send your forms by raising CSE or by hard copy.

i did both. and now my wife has been added to the application.

hope it helps

+1 if it did

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
saurabhmkj said:
Does that means she doesn't need to undergo IELTS exam and Educational credential assessment?
no need.

just PCC and medicals are enough a you are not claiming points for her education and language as you dont need any more points now

saurabhmkj

Nov 16, 2014
Can you please provide the link where I can upload the details and make the additional payment? Should I submit a case specific inquiry?

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
saurabhmkj said:
someone please help with the information....urgent...
to upload details raise a CSE to your specific VO or a general CSE
check this link for general CSE

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

case specific go to the link below and select yoru VO for example if your VO is new delhi
click on new delhi and you will find a link for case sepcific enquiry to New dehli VO.

for payment of processing fee and RPRF

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

you have to pay processing fee and RPRF and save the recipt and attach it in your CSE.
hope it helps

+1 if it did

pjk

Dec 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
futurecanadiannew123456 said:
hey.

i was in the same situation.

i submitted my application for PR on nov 8th 2015 and got married on dec 13th 2015.

you will have to fill out few forms and pay the fees of 1040 dollars (which is processing fee for your wife and RPRF upfront if you want to).

"To add a family member to the application, you have to download, fill out, validate and print the following forms** from our website and send them to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia:

A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,

(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,

(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,

(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,

A copy of the family member’s valid passport,

Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

and

The add-on request including:
your name,
your client ID number/UCI,
your file number,
a letter of explanation,
a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
if applicable, the proof of payment.
You must write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc
."

how ever my file was being processedin ABUDHABI so i sent my forms to abu dhabi instead of nova scotia.

you can send your forms by raising CSE or by hard copy.

i did both. and now my wife has been added to the application.

hope it helps

+1 if it did
In the above case it took about 12 months against 6 months post eAPR. Is the additional 6 months of duration attributed to processing of spouse's details?