+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marital status

loli

Mar 2, 2012
hello

please need your help, i am a permanent resident in Canada, and so is my ex-husband, we both applied for the permanent residency card together as one family, on 2008, and we got it. and now i got divorced from my husband 6 months ago, the divorce toke place at my country Egypt.I came back to Canada this week.My question is: do I have to inform the citizenship& Immigration of this divorce, do they really care of the change in my marital status.also since i moved from Gulph, Ontario to Ottawa , Ontario, do I need to inform them with my change of address.I already informed the health Insurance people about my new address, but do I need to do the same with the immigration people ???????? Note: my name did not change

looking forward to hearing from you

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

loli said:
hello

please need your help, i am a permanent resident in Canada, and so is my ex-husband, we both applied for the permanent residency card together as one family, on 2008, and we got it. and now i got divorced from my husband 6 months ago, the divorce toke place at my country Egypt.I came back to Canada this week.My question is: do I have to inform the citizenship& Immigration of this divorce, do they really care of the change in my marital status.also since i moved from Gulph, Ontario to Ottawa , Ontario, do I need to inform them with my change of address.I already informed the health Insurance people about my new address, but do I need to do the same with the immigration people ???????? Note: my name did not change

looking forward to hearing from you

thanks

As a PR CIC doesn't care about your marital status or your address changes.

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
PMM said:
Hi

As a PR CIC doesn't care about your marital status or your address changes.
I remembered when we landed inland here in Vancouver,the speaker told us,in case you change your address,your place of work or marital status please don't send us any form or else it will go to category G...garbage...