+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital status under personal details of apllication

Cosi1985

Jul 8, 2017
In the apr, under the marital status section of the personal details, it asks for marital status then asks have I been "previously married or in a common law relationship?" Is this referring to relationship for the status you select? Your current relationship? or if there was a marriage prior ?
Don't know if I'm overthinking but here is my situation- I have only been married once, and my current status is legally separated.
I selected legally separated as status but what would be my answer to if I have been previously married? I am asking because the follow up questions ask for additional info including how did the marriage end but the only options are annulment, divorce, death or ended common law relationship- neither of which are applicable because I am legally separated. If I interpret it to apply to the relationship that is in legally separated status and put yes, I would have to select ended common law relationship as the manner in which it ended, but that wouldn't be accurate because I was never in a common law relationship. If I interpret it to apply to any relationship prior to the one currently in legally separated status then I can choose no and be fine but I am unclear as to what the interpretation is here.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The question is in regards to any other marriages, not your current (legally separated) marriage. Your answer should be "no", you have not been previously married.