+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital Status Query (Please Help)

Mrs_Boss

Oct 22, 2015
I am creating my EE profile and need assistance as it relates to Marital status.

I am Married, however, my husband and I have been separated for a few months....not Legally separated therefore I won't have any proof of separation. He will not be included on my application either.

Do I need to put that I'm married or separated as marital status? I do not want to put married and then have to get Proof of Funds and other documents for him, however, I don't want to put Separated and without any supporting documents for this, it be seen as misrepresentation.

I look forward to your suggestions/advise.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Put it as married but "not accompanying". There is option to select not accompanying.
But you ll need to show POFs for that.

Otherwise if you choose separated then you ll need some documents to prove it.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Mrs_Boss said:
I am creating my EE profile and need assistance as it relates to Marital status.

I am Married, however, my husband and I have been separated for a few months....not Legally separated therefore I won't have any proof of separation. He will not be included on my application either.

Do I need to put that I'm married or separated as marital status? I do not want to put married and then have to get Proof of Funds and other documents for him, however, I don't want to put Separated and without any supporting documents for this, it be seen as misrepresentation.

I can give you a very unconventional advice if you really want to ignore the existence of your estranged husband. If he is not mentioned in your passport as spouse and his details are not mentioned then go on ahead as a single applicant with no dependents (accompanying or not accompanying).

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
cjs said:
Put it as married but "not accompanying". There is option to select not accompanying.
But you ll need to show POFs for that.

Otherwise if you choose separated then you ll need some documents to prove it.
I second to cjs. Its good show POF a bit more which will be just a few CAD additional and you dont have to show it on his name just what u nee is a little more amount to be shown.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
thatguy56 said:
I can give you a very unconventional advice if you really want to ignore the existence of your estranged husband. If he is not mentioned in your passport as spouse and his details are not mentioned then go on ahead as a single applicant with no dependents (accompanying or not accompanying).
thatguy 56, this might fail in BG check. I have seen such cases where authorized teams from local VO check all background details. This thing might be caught in BG check and ll be taken as misrepresentation.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
I know, it is misrep but I highly doubt it will come up in the BG. But like I said earlier that it was a very unconventional advice - and I gave it only because she did not seem to want to deal with anything related to her estranged husband. That's all.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thatguy56 said:
Only if she wants to have her application refused and be banned from Canada for five years.

Also, if this does somehow work - she will never be able to sponsor a husband in the future. Additionally, it would mean her PR status or Canadian citizenship would never be safe and CIC would be able to revoke them at any time in the future since she misrepresented herself on entry to Canada to obtain an immigration benefit.

Your suggestion is terrible and also illegal.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Well, ignore my advice.

Mrs_Boss

Oct 22, 2015
Thank you all for your advice. Appreciate it. I think I will put status as married and non-accompanying.

Will this then mean that he will be required to do medical, police report etc.?

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
Mrs_Boss said:
Thank you all for your advice. Appreciate it. I think I will put status as married and non-accompanying.

Please refer this --> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canada-pr-without-divorce-t392349.0.html;msg4886569#msg4886569

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Mrs_Boss said:

Yes,You need medical and PCC.
Better get divorced. or Get Notarized separation document(mutual,).
No other choice.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please call CIC people to get their suggestions rather to depends on this forum because this is bit more tricky.
They will give you better answer to your question and letting go through correct direction.

Good luck!!

Mrs_Boss said:

JuliasMom

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2016
AOR Received.
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
January 21, 2016
Hi, I have been separated from my husband for almost 4 years. But he has been cooperative with the documents needed from him. I applied as married since I have not filed for legal separation here..But had to get his police clearance, medical exams, Affidavit of Consent and Statutory Declaration (notarized) that we have separated.. Hope that would be enought to support my claim..