+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital Status on WHP Visa

HobbesOz

Nov 3, 2014
Hi Im an Australian living in Canada already on a Working Holiday visa.

Im in the process of re-applying for another 2 year Working holiday Visa and wanted to know if the Marital status will in some way effect my application.

I live with my Canadian girlfriend and have done for more than the last 12 months in an Apartment we share in BC

Will my putting Common law as the Marital status somehow affect my application?

I didnt think it would since Im not applying for an actual Common law sponsored visa but wanted to check first?

Any help will be much appreciated. Cheers!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
HobbesOz said:
Hi Im an Australian living in Canada already on a Working Holiday visa.

Im in the process of re-applying for another 2 year Working holiday Visa and wanted to know if the Marital status will in some way effect my application.

I live with my Canadian girlfriend and have done for more than the last 12 months in an Apartment we share in BC

Will my putting Common law as the Marital status somehow affect my application?

I didnt think it would since Im not applying for an actual Common law sponsored visa but wanted to check first?

Any help will be much appreciated. Cheers!
If you don't put down 'married' (because Canada sees common law as married) and then later file for common law PR with your girlfriend as your sponsor it might come around to bite you in the rear end that you didn't state you were common law at the time you were applying for this particular visa.

Don't ever try to skirt around the rules, it always comes back to haunt you. The rules say if you have been in a common law relationship for a consecutive 12 months, then you are 'married' or 'common law'