+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital status changed after ITA

saurez7

Jun 19, 2012
Hi,

as title says, I am married after receiving ITA. How can I change the status? the field is not editable anymore.

This is for my wife.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
You might have to open a case specific enquiry for this. I am not sure of the process or at what stage you should open the CSE.

Reactions: saurez7

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

as title says, I am married after receiving ITA. How can I change the status? the field is not editable anymore.

This is for my wife.
Be aware that adding your wife post-ITA will result in a recalculation of your points, if you fall below the cutoff score then you should decline your ITA.

Try "modify family information" and see what happens. You haven't submitted your application so you should not raise a CSE at this point.

saurez7

Jun 19, 2012
Be aware that adding your wife post-ITA will result in a recalculation of your points, if you fall below the cutoff score then you should decline your ITA.

Try "modify family information" and see what happens. You haven't submitted your application so you should not raise a CSE at this point.
thanks for your reply! I am already a PR holder. This is about my wife's application, she submitted her profile before marriage and received ITA. Now she is not able to change her marital status as the field is locked. Changing her marital status won't change her points.

Let me know. Thanks!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
thanks for your reply! I am already a PR holder. This is about my wife's application, she submitted her profile before marriage and received ITA. Now she is not able to change her marital status as the field is locked. Changing her marital status won't change her points.

Let me know. Thanks!
she should be able to change it in modify family information

ankitban.27

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
She is able to add me as Spouse but under marital status she is not able to change it from Single to Married.
hey Saurez27, I am into the same situation. I am PR and my fiance will get ITA tomorrow and we are planning for marriage in next month. I need a suggestion from you. How you had modified your wife marital status from Single to married.

Krunal0329

May 20, 2020
Hi,

This is for my wife.
I have same issue. Can someone please assist how to change marital status after getting ITA?? The reason is my wife is here in canada on my dependent and by mistake I kept my marital status as a single. Any help would greatly be appreciated.